Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Dull headache , feeling of popping ears - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Headache and Migraines
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   a few questions to help clear up things for me..
Doctor :   Fine
Doctor :  
Proceed with it
User :   what is your specialty
Doctor :   I am a General Practitioner

Doctor :  
I believe I can help you
User :   are you in the US?
Doctor :   I am in India
User :   if I have a constant dull ache in my head usually different places .. and usually at night and early morning clicking or feeling of ears needing to pop in my head.. what could cause these feelings?
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :  
I believe that you had chatted with one of your doctors few minutes back
Doctor :  
I can see that in your chat history
Doctor :   Is it the same query?

Doctor :  
or further doubts on it?
User :   just some other doubts.. just worrisome so trying to figure this all out because i've never had anything like this before
Doctor :   Fine

Doctor :  
Now as our doctor has told you before
Doctor :  
It is mainly a psychological problem
Doctor :  
and no organic issues as such
User :   even if temples sometimes ache through this situation?
Doctor :   Not only in the head area

Doctor :  
It can cause pain in the chest, legs
Doctor :  
Mind is upset, then the whole body gets disturbed
User :   I guess I'm just wondering is there any certain symptoms or issues that I should look out for that may signal something serious is going on.. or might happen...
Doctor :   One thing serious is your thoughts

Doctor :  
which can become obsessive over time
Doctor :  
I donno if you have heard of OCD
User :   yes
Doctor :  
A person keeps on dong the same things in that condition
Doctor :  
Now in a lighter sense, you are obsessed with these thoughts
Doctor :  
like you are having a problem
Doctor :  
Which can disturb your lifestyle
User :   yes
Doctor :  
So that you will need to mend
Doctor :  
As suggested, you should go for CBT
User :   ok.. well hopefully soon I'll have another full time job and my mind can get back to being able to concentrate on other things and this will pass...
User :   I will look into the CBT though..
Doctor :   Yes, but meanwhile do enroll yourself with a Clinical Psychologist for that

User :   thank you for your advice
Doctor :   Sure, it is a pleasure serving you

Doctor :  
User :   bye
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done.

Doctor :   Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor