Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Dryness of the penis head - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   i was jerking off untill my penis head starting herting and got all red and cracked. i did this years ago and my penis head skin never grew back. how do i fix this problem                                        
Doctor :   hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here. let me read what you have typed
Doctor :   please explain your problem in detail
Doctor :   please provide your age, height weight, marital status, details of past medical illness if any
Doctor :   is there itching, pain, discomfort associated?
User :   when it rubs when im walking it herts by the end of the day sometimes
User :   im not married
Doctor :   ok. is there dryness associated?
User :   yea it get dry all the time
User :   flakey
Doctor :   is it possible for you to send a picture of what you describing at XXX?
Doctor :   XXX
User :   im not even sure how to do that
User :   do u think i would need surgery to have skin replaced
Doctor :   dryness of penis head can occur due to infections.
Doctor :   is there any foul smelling discharge associated?
User :   no
Doctor :   since I am not examining you personally, I would not be able to comment on that
Doctor :   i would recommend you to visit an andrologit or a urologist to get yourslef examined
Doctor :   they will be able to suggest if the changes you see are due to infection
Doctor :   if it is due to infection, further tests will be needed to identify the organism and treat you
User :   butt its been like this for years
User :   red and cracked
Doctor :   if infection is not there, then other possible causes will be looked into, and treatment/surgery advised based on the results
Doctor :   so meet an andrologist or a urologist
User :   ok
Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   if it was infected how would u fix
Doctor :   if infection is found, then the organism will need to be identified, and treatment with antibiotics or antifungals will be started.
User :   o
Doctor :   as indicated by your test results
User :   that all i have to say
User :   thank u
Doctor :   is there anything else you would like to ask me?
Doctor :   Are you back?
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor