Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Dry skin and allergic reaction to creams - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Dry Skin
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
User :   hi
Doctor :   hi
User :   I had a small query to ask
Doctor :   I am Dr. XXXXx
Doctor :   go ahead
User :   Hi Dr. XXXXXXX
Doctor :   Hi
User :   My problem is I can't apply any cream or any moisturiser on my face ...
User :   it gives me a slight burning sensation
User :   beneath the eyes ... and cheek area
Doctor :   ok
User :   I have to be very particular ... and if i dont use anything .. my skin becomes dry ..
Doctor :   ok
User :   can u tell me wht the reason could be ... and wht shud I do ?
Doctor :   Burning after applying moisturizer could be alleric
User :   also , my cheeks become slight pinkish in sun or if i touch them too..
Doctor :   ur skin mighe be sensitive to one cream
User :   its with all creams
User :   not one
Doctor :   What creams u tried?
User :   all creams availble in market to know which one suits me
Doctor :   Did u try Aloe vera , herbal, smooth moistiriser
User :   ya.. tried aloe vera
Doctor :   Does it caused problem?
User :   no problem as such but , tht burning sensation is there for a minute atleast ... then my eyes turn watery ....
User :   and for rest of the day , i have problem in my vision
Doctor :   Do not apply just below the eyes
Doctor :   Just apply on cheeks, chin and fore head
Doctor :   eyes are very sensitive
User :   i leave the under eye area ..
Doctor :   Use soft soap, like dove
User :   don't use any soap on face
Doctor :   Use soft soap, like dove
User :   ok
Doctor :   Some soaps has high concentrations of bicarbonic acid
User :   ok
Doctor :   which causes dryness of skin
User :   ok
Doctor :   similarly go for mild moistirisers
User :   ideally this is not too normal ... as in it does not happens to anyone in my family
User :   i will try .
Doctor :   don't us chemical moisturizer at all
User :   ok
Doctor :   If these measures not working
Doctor :   get the CBC and Ig E levels
Doctor :   which measures whether u r sensitive to any alllergins
User :   what is this ? and what does it mean ?
Doctor :   It detects whether u r allergic to any thing
User :   is there any specific test for this ?
User :   what is it called
Doctor :   Complete bllod count and differential count
Doctor :   Immuniglobulins E levels
Doctor :   If they are high, u need to see allergy specialist
Doctor :   or demratologist
Doctor :   he will do patch test
Doctor :   apply different alleric products on body and see what products are alleric to ur body
Doctor :   OK
User :   ok
User :   i shall get the same checked
User :   ohh , i m sorry .. typed it thirce
Doctor :   If you think it is on going problem for u get it checked
User :   is there any specific cure for hairfall
User :   shud I visit a dermat
Doctor :   visit a dermat
User :   ok
Doctor :   Thank you for consulting
User :   thanks
Doctor :   Bye for now
User :   bye
Doctor :   Bye
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor