Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Drooping eyelid and its treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Genetics
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   I have a couple of questions to ask.
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query
User :   Ok. For some months now, my left eyelid has been drooping. The difference is quite noticeable as people have started pointing it out. I had shown my eye to a doctore about a year ago and he had found nothing wrong. But now it is just getting worse.
Doctor :   Do you have any pain, itching, discharge, blurred vision?
User :   No. No problem with vision except that my power is .25 more than that of my right eye but that has been the case for six years.
Doctor :   Is it the upper eyelid that is drooping.
Doctor :   May i know your age?
User :   Yes, it is the upper eyelid left eye which is drooping. To give you some background, i experience pain in the upper left portion of my body- arms, shoulder, stiff neck at times, sometimes upper thigh too.
User :   I am 25
Doctor :   Since how long are you facing this?
User :   Thsi pain in the left side has been there for over 3 years now. It comes and goes. I was told that it is mild cervical spondylosis.
Doctor :   Dropping eyelid is either congenital (present since birth) due to a poorly developed muscle. It also occurs with age, contact lens wear, trauma and, rarely, tumour or from a neurological problem, such as a nerve palsy or muscle weakness
User :   Ok.
Doctor :   I would advise you to get it examined by an opthalmologist and investigated since it can be treated by surgery.
Doctor :   It is usually a day care procedure
User :   Ok. Just one question- do all these symptoms seem to be related?
Doctor :   It can be you are have cervical spondylitis but drooping cant be related to that.
Doctor :   Spondylitis can only be confirmed by examination and X ray findings.
User :   I see. Off late i have been feeling difficulty in my left lung area. I seem to be short of breath on this one side and sometimes feel an exertion. I guess a check up is the only way to find out. So would you suggest I see an opthalmologist first?
Doctor :   I will recommend you to first see an opthalmologist.
User :   Ok. I will do that. Thanks Dr XXXX
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me, bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor