Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Drinking water to treat urinary tract infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can I help you?
User :   i had sex three weeks after delivering a baby vaginally and now i have burning upon urination could i have an infection
User :   and if so what kind of infection could it be?
Doctor :   Do you have fever?
User :   no
Doctor :  
Any vaginal discharge?
User :   a lil whittish creamy
Doctor :   Has it started after the intercourse?
User :   the burning started the same day of intercourse
User :   the whittish discharge was about three days ago and now i have my period
Doctor :  
Doctor :   It could be an Urinary tract infection
Doctor :  
Sometimes happens due to decreased water intake as well
Doctor :  
Initially I suggest you to have lots of water and other fluids
User :   yea i have been extra thirsty lately
User :   and had some itching but only once
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
So follow the tip
Doctor :  
You should improve with that

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor