Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Doubt whether infected by HIV or not - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: HIV and AIDS
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions
User :   hello doctor
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   How can I help you.
User :   doctor from the past few days i was having mild fever, and fatigue and anxiety, as i had undergone some surgery earlier i thought i have been infected to aids,though when i tuk a test for the same 2 days ago, it was negative..but i am still not feeling gud
User :   is it still possible that i m infected
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependants: Yes/No
Doctor :   Why is that you feel you are infected with AIDS>
User :   age-23, occupation- web analyst, single,
User :   coz i read the symptoms on the net they were quite same
Doctor :   are you sexually active and have been exposed to HIV some way..
User :   no
User :   but can i get the infection through a surgery
Doctor :   then you wuld not have to worry since tehy are very simialr to Viral illness too..
Doctor :   yes but most of the hospital follow enough safety measures..
Doctor :   to make sure that you do not get infected..
User :   ..ok and as i had the surgery aroung 45 days ago, and now my test is negative are there still any such chances
Doctor :   No it cannot be there and you might be just having the symptoms of Viral illnes.
User :   are you sure doctor...coz im having sleeplessness also
Doctor :   certainly it is mostly that all the time do not worry symptoms mimic mostly..
User :   ok....what kind of viral illness it may im having a lump in my earlobe it also to worry
Doctor :   lump since when are you having it..
User :   last 15 days
Doctor :   can you describe it..
User :   ya it was a small lump inside the skin and was not coming out, when i touched it i felt strange sensation in my throat and the left side of my penis
User :   its in the left earlobe
Doctor :   ok.
Doctor :   It could be a polyp and that can be removed surgically on finding out that where it has been cominng out form..
User :   can it be related to hiv
Doctor :   Please fill this Feed back form I send, while I type the necessary information, say done when done.
User :   done
Doctor :   Certainly it has nothing to do with it since it common otherwise also.
Doctor :   would you like to know any thing else..
User :   unn doctor can the lump be because i had a circumcision surgery and there is a small lump in my penis also which gradually dissolving
Doctor :   No it is not Related At all..
User :   ok
User :   any infection
Doctor :   yes that needs to found out by the investagations..
User :   ok doctor thanks a lot...
User :   but just for my confidence, please confirm that if it would have been an hiv infection then it would have been screened in 45 days..
Doctor :   Yes but then What test did you get done..
User :   hiv test elisa method
Doctor :   Since the test\s are not always 100% effecient i would not like to confirm on the same..
Doctor :   just repeat the test some time in the next 3 months end and that will be doubly sure..
User :   ohh ok
User :   thanks alot anyways for your guidance
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic, If you like our Services please refer your Friends and relatives.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor