Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Done with HIV tests. Having tingling feeling at the penile head. Treatment? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 27-Aug-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User:good afternoon
Doctor:Good afternoon
Doctor:How are you?
User:im good
User:these days, i have gone thru a series of tests
User:and all came back negative
Doctor:Thats good
Doctor:So how can I help you today?
User:still, im psychologically not 100%
User:i will give u the list of tests and period after which i have takne them
User:please let me know if i require any other tests
User:1 moment please
User:HIV-1 DNA PCR Qualitative Analysis - 28 days later HIV Tridot Antibodies - 3 months HIV ECLIA Antibodies - 26 days, 4 months later HbsAg - 2 months, 3 months, 4 months Anti HBC Antibodies - 5 months Anti HbsAg Antibodies - 5 months VDRL - 2 months, 3 months Hepatis C Virus - 3 months Urine Examination - 2 months, 3 months HSV 1 & 2 antibodies IgM, IgG - 2 months, 3 months
Doctor:So you have ruled out most of the issues
User:I guess
User:are there any thing I need to test or retest?
Doctor:You have ruled out all the viruses
Doctor:Mostly people get worried for virals and those can be hard to treat
Doctor:Do you have any symptoms?
User:molluscum lesions are also gone
Doctor:Thats good
User:they stopped a month n half ago
User:no other symptoms
Doctor:Mostly you do not need further tests
User:just a little tingling feeling at the penile head..
User:may b due to low water intake
User:i feel
Doctor:Which we talked about earlier also
User:not while urinating, but normally, its like come n go kind off
Doctor:You can get a urinalysis done for that
Doctor:You can go to a urologist and get evaluated
User:so, other tests are not required for STIs?
Doctor:No. I do not think so
Doctor:You may have some local infection, etc
Doctor:It will be best evaluated by urinalysis
Doctor:Even a fungal infection may show up on it
User:ok, thats what I wanted to know. ok.. i will get it done
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me
User:thanks.. bye
Doctor:Take care
User:sure. bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor