Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Discoloration of the penis, difficulty in urination, chances of infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   just today ive noticed the tip of my penis is like really cold. and sorta like purple, and im having trouble peeing
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   did you have any history of trauma to the penis ?
User :   no, the only thing closest to that was i had kidney stones
Doctor :   ok
User :   about 1 or 2 years ago
Doctor :   may i know if you got the stones treated?
User :   treated . all i got was pain pills. i passed it tho
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   may i know if your sexually active ?
User :   not much latley
User :   last was with my 4 year ex gf
Doctor :   did you take any medications recently for any problem ?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do you see any rashes anywhere in the body ?
Doctor :   is it painful when you try to pass urine ? or is it that you are unable to void urine ?
User :   rashes i had like very little on my arm but i assumed it was heat rash do to new area i moved. ( much hotter here) i i was able to pee at the gym today but now it seems to be getting worse like i just cant do it
User :   rash has been gone tho for a couple days
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   may i know your age ?
User :   19
User :   158 pounds about 5'8 hieight
Doctor :   may i know if you have a history of diabetes, high blood pressure or any medical history
Doctor :   ok
User :   no none of that
Doctor :   may i know if you smoke or consume alcohol or illicit drugs ?
User :   just alcohol very little pretty drunk last night tho lol
Doctor :   do you fever ?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   with the history you gave me
Doctor :   it seems more like an infection / allergy
Doctor :   i suggest you see a general physician and get it examined
Doctor :   you may need blood test and urine tests too
Doctor :   a course of antibiotics may be helpful
User :   ya it does seem familiar like its happend once or twice in my life time.
Doctor :   drink lots of water daily
Doctor :   and fluids
Doctor :   avoid alcohol
User :   hmm ok
Doctor :   you may keep a watch on the rashes
Doctor :   do not apply soap or any chemicals on the penis
Doctor :   it will flare upp an allergy/inflammation
Doctor :   the doctor will have to examine the penis and then prescribe any topical applications if needed
User :   alright sounds good...will a general doctor be good or do i have 2 go to a special place
Doctor :   a general doctor would be helpful
Doctor :   if not , urologist would be the best to help you

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor