Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Discharge and redness over the glans - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   On Thursday, I noticed a liquid seeping from my penis. It would turn green in my briefs, but now it's more white with just hint of yellow, but not much. The only sex I've had in the past two weeks is one time and it was anal sex. My penis only hurts a little around the head. Can you tell me what you think it is? I'm in theXXXfor awhile although I am an XXX I'm living here now for a few years. I'm 63 and retired from work. I'm thinking an antibiotic will take care of this but would like your opinion first before going to a doctor tomorrow which is Monday here. Thanx.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr. XXX
User :   Hi Doctor, thank you for your concern and help.
User :   I'm sure you see my problem. You're probably reading it now. I'll wait.
User :   Dr.XXX, are you still with me here?
Doctor :   Did the problem start after you sexual encounter?
User :   no, it was probably 3 or 4 days after.
Doctor :   Do you have burning pain during urination?
Doctor :   Do you have redness or itching?
User :   no. may have once when it tried to start the urination. I've had UTI a couple of times but that was over 40 years ago. With the white ooze coming out, I don't think UTI is it.
User :   There is a slight redness on the head of the penis, but no itching.
Doctor :   Ok, do you have any problem of fever or tiredness lately?
User :   No, I actually feel fine. Still have a good appetite, no drowsiness or fever.
Doctor :   Ok fine
Doctor :   The symptoms that you have are suggesting about Prostatitis
Doctor :   or Seminal vescicle infection
User :   is that from sexual encounters?
Doctor :   Highly likely
User :   even if it was anal encounters
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   Any unprotected penetrative sex is likely to increase chance of infection
Doctor :   Do you know the partner whom you had sex with?
User :   will it go away on its own or will I need to see a doctor here in the XXX and get Antibiotics?
Doctor :   You have to go to a Doctor
User :   I believe I remember the partner.
Doctor :   and take a course of antibiotics
User :   that's what I thought
User :   thank you for your diagnosis and your help.
Doctor :   Do not delay as these infections are difficult to treat if not early
User :   tomorrow is monday here so I'll go then
User :   it's almost 10 pm Sunday here.
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   You can go tomorrow
Doctor :   Urinate as many times as possible
Doctor :   and drink lots of water
User :   will that help by urinating more?
Doctor :   yes, urine is a reservoir of many bacteria
User :   but it won't clear up the problem???
Doctor :   No
Doctor :   It wont
Doctor :   YOu have to take the antibiotic course
User :   ok, thanx for your help Dr
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor