Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Dilated kidney and recurring UTI - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Kidney Conditions
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   hi this is Dr XXX
User :   hi
Doctor :   how may i help u today?
User :   well my dr has told me i have a dilated kidney and the other is starting to go to is ther ay treatment for this?
Doctor :   can u please give me your age, gender, weight height ?
User :   25yrs. F. 5f5inc and about 10.5 stone
Doctor :   please mention if u have any medical condition like diabetes?
User :   no
Doctor :   have u had any symptoms ? and can u tell me what exactl problems u had developed and what investigations had been done?
Doctor :   this is needed to know what medical condition u may be having, as each condition has a different management and prognosis.
User :   i keen getting unin infections i have had in x-ray with the uv dye, i did have an op with i was very young on this kidney as one of the tubes were blocked
User :   i always feel tyred and im getting very bad headaches that i cant do anything i dont know if this is linked?
Doctor :   so you had recurrent urinary infections before .... and have u developed any urinary stones?
User :   yes and no no stones
Doctor :   has the doctor told u any specific medical condition that u are having? and when are u seeing your physician again?
User :   it is a physician i have been seeing i have got to go back and see him in 3mths
Doctor :   I need to tell you that, to help u more , we would need any medical investigation reports done prior, which we can review and then give u more details. DO U HAVE ANY INVESTIGATIVE REPORTS with you?
User :   no i dont have them
Doctor :   dilated kidney can be caused by obstructive lesions , that occur due to recurrent infections.
User :   yea i know this is there any treatment for this?
Doctor :   to know how badly the kidneys are affected, i would suggest u to have a urine checked, a renal ultrasound done.
Doctor :   urine culture - is also needed to know if u have a persistant infection as well.
Doctor :   i hope i have solved your query.
Doctor :   thank you for consulting me.
Doctor :   bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor