Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Difficulty in swallowing food, feeling dehydrated - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr here
User :   I am
User :   Good morning
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query
Doctor :   Very Good Morning
User :   I am feeling de-hydrated and i had to drink more water. say 3-4 litres during the day
User :   I have this problem for last 2-3 years
Doctor :   Do you have any other problems other than this?
User :   I have not consultd with doctor on this problem
Doctor :   May i know your age?
User :   I dont have other problems
User :   31
Doctor :   Do you have increased hunger, increased urination?
User :   no increased hunger / urination.
Doctor :   Is there any family history of Diabetes?
User :   espcially while eating. i am finding difficult to eat without a sip of water for each spoon of food
User :   no
User :   my father / mother does'nt have
User :   i also dont have it
User :   i recently underwent a diabetics test
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   What were the results?
User :   normal - around 100 points
Doctor :   Is there any swallowing difficulty?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Is it related to food ?
User :   some times, yes
User :   i am finding it difficult to take spicy food
Doctor :   It may be that you have Tonsillitis or Pharyngitis.
User :   but juices, fruits, curd etc.- there is no problem
Doctor :   Which is related to swallowing difficulty
User :   i underwent tonsillitis operation at age of 10 years
Doctor :   Yes it seems to be related to solid food more
User :   but if drink water, i am feeling alright
User :   should i undergo test for tonsillitis
User :   what is pharyngitis?
Doctor :   I will suggest you to get yourself examined by a ENT specialist, he may use Laryngoscope to examine and also some investigations would be required
Doctor :   It is an infection of the pharynx
User :   where is pharynx?
Doctor :   It is the the portion of the throat that lies just beyond the back of the roof of the mouth
Doctor :   It usually occurs when viruses (or sometimes bacteria) from a cold, flu, or sinus infection involve the throat.
User :   ok. got it
Doctor :   Also sometimes there may be recurrent tonsillitis infection also.
Doctor :   As you already had it before
User :   some times i feel pain below the ears
Doctor :   It can be related to that infection only.
User :   and occasionally head ache, due to excessive cold
User :   ok thanks.
User :   i will consult anENT specialist
Doctor :   Then probably your sinuses would be infected because of excessive cold and causing Sinusitis
Doctor :   Which causes headache.
Doctor :   In this condition the sinuses are infected.
User :   each time i drink cold water, i get cold immediately. If I eat curd also, i get cold immediately
User :   but whenever i get cold, prior to that the body sufferes from excessie heat
Doctor :   Its because of the inflammation present in the tonsils or pharynx
Doctor :   Ok
User :   So, your conclusion is that, I have to get myself checked by ENT
Doctor :   Yes you should
Doctor :   Is there anything else you would like to know?
User :   no
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me, bye for now
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor