Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Difficulty in having intercourse - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Women Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   hi
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   I would like to know how can i assure that there is a specialist stting at that end, as different people will have differnet kind of problems
Doctor :   We have general physicians here as they can guide
Doctor :   you on the treatment of most problems
User :   ok
Doctor :   If you have a complicated query
Doctor :   we have a panel of specialists who relpy by e-mail only
User :   acually i got married 2 monts back
Doctor :   ok
User :   and still we are not able to have a successful intercourse
Doctor :   ok...

Doctor :   What seems to be the problem?
User :   my wife says its really painful for her
Doctor :   ok

User :   should i consult a gyno for that?

Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   A gyneac will do a physical examination
Doctor :   and be able to guide you further depending on the cause
User :   do you have any idea what can be the reason for that
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   There are many causes
Doctor :   if you can answer a few questions
User :   sure
Doctor :   we can then discuss the possible causes
User :   ok
Doctor :   How old is your wife?
User :   26
Doctor :   Does she have any other health problems?
User :   like?
Doctor :   like a thyroid problem/ anything else?
User :   she had it long long back

User :   like 10 years back or so, bt now she is perfecly fine
Doctor :   Does she have pain immediatley after penentration

Doctor :   or during
Doctor :   deeper penetration?
User :   nope

Doctor :   did she tell you what type of pain it is- burning/ etc?
User :   we are not able to penetrate
Doctor :   ok
User :   i tried with 2 fingers, and that is unbearable for her
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   , among the most common reasons

Doctor :   for this kind of pain is an infection
User :   ya
User :   ok
Doctor :   or a reaction to birth control pills
Doctor :   is she on any contraceptive?
User :   no

Doctor :   ok

Doctor :   One more thing to remember is
User :   yeas

Doctor :   that if you are trying to go into intercourse
Doctor :   straight away
Doctor :   there is not much lubrication and this can cause pain as well
Doctor :   What you can do is try a lot of foreplay

Doctor :   before penetration/ use lubricants
Doctor :   and try to penetrate before going to see a specialist
User :   can you suggest me some good lubricants
Doctor :   just give me one moment
User :   sure

Doctor :   I need to check which are available without a prescription
User :   ok

Doctor :   sorry
Doctor :   there are no OTC creams that i can find now
Doctor :   What you can do is try penetration with your fingers
Doctor :   using a lubricated condom
User :   that I have already tried

Doctor :   Once you feel you have enough lubrication, then try penetration
User :   and the pain is not because of dryness
Doctor :   ok- so you do have enough lubrication...
User :   coz i feel its enough lubricated
User :   ya
Doctor :   ok

Doctor :   In that case It is better for you to see a gynec
Doctor :   this is a common problem in
User :   ok
Doctor :   infection is a common problem in
newly married women
Doctor :   and it is easily treatable
User :   or can you suggest me any gynec, to whom i can post a query
User :   and what is the procedure for doign the same
Doctor :   even if you post a query, the gynec will not give you medicines over the internet
Doctor :   she will tell you the possible causes
Doctor :   you can send an e-mail to
User :   ok

Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
User :   ok
User :   thanks for your help

Doctor :   addressed to the gynecology team
User :   ok
Doctor :   and you will reive a reply in 24 hours
Doctor :   *recieve

User :   fine, thanks
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting HC magic; bye for now
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor