Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Diet plans for one with hypothyroidism post delivery - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   Sir I am XXX, 30 yr old Married female
Doctor :   I am Dr. XXX
User :   Hypothyroid Patient, After 6months of delivery of my first baby, I got it ( rrealized)
User :   TSH was more than 200 and started medication, Thyroxine 100ug,
Doctor :   ok
User :   now TSH is normal
Doctor :   very good
User :   Shall I can take Iodized salt
Doctor :   yes
User :   Any other food control?
User :   cos my weight is incresing slowly
Doctor :   Yes
User :   before 68 to now 63 within 3months
Doctor :   You have to follow very good diet
Doctor :   and importantly it should be properly planned
User :   How?
Doctor :   Non thyroidogenic, low fat and low cholesterol
Doctor :   You can take the help of a Dietitian
Doctor :   Diet and exercisse are very important
Doctor :   and I guess you are getting the Lipid profile and BP , sugar check done once in 3 months
Doctor :   what is your age?
Doctor :   Ok you said it as 30 yr
Doctor :   are you there?
Doctor :   I have to close the window as you are not responding
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor