Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Diet for a person with high uric acid in blood - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Kidney Conditions
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   How can i help You..
User :   my brother has high uric acid in his blood
User :   he has been given medicines etc
User :   i want to know what diet should he follow?
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Since when has he been having this and what are the Medications that were given..
User :   medicines i don't know . he 's been having this problem for 2 months
Doctor :   Ok..
Doctor :   What are the conditions that he was diagnosed this for..
User :   he was having pain thru out his body . he meet an orthopeadic and his blood tests showed high levels of uric acid
Doctor :   ok..
Doctor :   Foods containing uric acid and the compounds that metabolize into uric acid include most animal meats, such as beef, pork and seafood. Poultry and ham, the "white meats
User :   what kind of diet should he follow?
Doctor :   Black cherry juice helps to relieve it..
User :   black cherry?
User :   ok
Doctor :   He would need to avoid the once mentioned above as they cause the high uric acid.. in blood
Doctor :   also called as sour cherry or bitter cherry,
User :   ok. what about eggs?
Doctor :   As it is a part of the poultry it better be avoided..
User :   what about coffe/tea alcohol?
Doctor :   Alcohol must and should not be useed..
User :   ok.
Doctor :   and caffeine or tannin in restricted quantities..
User :   ok
Doctor :   Please fill this form I send, While I type the necessary information, and do Inform me when done.
User :   ok
User :   thanks for your advise and your time
Doctor :   Adding eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and folic acid to the diet can also assist in reducing inflammation in gout episodes.
Doctor :   Bye for now..
User :   ok bye.

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor