Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Diagnostic tests for sexually transmitted diseases - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
User :   i have a problem in my penis head. its burning sensation on the penis also when it erects some red patches on the penis head. its paining.. dermatologist gave some candid cream to cure but its still persist
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hello Doctor
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   31
Doctor :   Since when are you having these symptoms?
User :   4 weeks before
User :   i am married
Doctor :   Since how long are you been using the candid cream?
User :   two weeks
Doctor :   Do you have discomfort/burning sensation while passing urine?
Doctor :   Do you notice any discharge from the penis?
User :   little bit..but not so high
User :   no discharge from penis
Doctor :   Are you running fever?
User :   no
Doctor :   Am sorry to ask you this, but may I know if you had involved in a sexual intercourse with an unknown partner?
User :   no
User :   i got married in 2010 march
User :   we used to have intercourse regularly .. but after the intercourse last month i had this problem.
User :   used to masterbate also
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you have history of diabetes?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain to you.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Your symptoms are consistent with the clinical diagnosis of genitourinary infection, probably transmitted through the sexual intercourse.
Doctor :   And accordingly, thrush is a common infection.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Candid is usually effective medication of thrush(yeast infection),
User :   how can i cure it
Doctor :   since you report of no improvement, I suggest that before you try an alternative medications, to get a swab test/ urine test to confirm the type of infection.
User :   ok
User :   is the burning and rd patches are symptoms of this infection
Doctor :   An alternative medication with or without steroid creams or oral antibiotics can be used if the symptoms are not effective with candid creams.
Doctor :   Yes, the burning and red patch is sign of infection.
User :   its becomes visible only when penis get erects
Doctor :   Since you report of mild burning sensation while passing urine too, it is likely that the infection is involving the urinary tract too, hence the urine test.
Doctor :   Infective features are more prominent on erect penis, this is probably the reason.
User :   is is something to be afraid..i am worried
Doctor :   Get the tests and report back to your doctor, who can suggest you an alternate treatment both for infection control and symptom relief.
Doctor :   It is hard to predict the nature of infection without physically examining the lesion and without the test.
User :   ok doctor
Doctor :   However, if you have been involved with a single partner, I do not think you need to worry much.
User :   whats swab test
Doctor :   It should be a simple infection which can be treated easily.
User :   i had sex with other one year before
User :   but i was not having any problem till last month
Doctor :   By swab test, I mean taking a small sample either from the secretion on top of the rash/redness or scraping from there and studying under microscope.
User :   ok
Doctor :   An year back exposure is too long incubation period for your current symptoms, hence I do not consider, your past exposure has any thing to do of the present symptoms.
Doctor :   So need not worry.
Doctor :   the tests and change of medications should solve the problem.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I suggested?
User :   thank you so will get the test done and consult the doctor
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   i comeplete;y followed
User :   thank you so much tesnsions little over
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Wish you faster recovery.
Doctor :   Bye for now.
User :   thank you
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor