Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Diagnostic tests for AIDS - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: HIV and AIDS
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3621 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How an i help you
User :   Hi
User :   sir can u help me something abt A
User :   AIDS/HIV
Doctor :   yes
User :   is it true a HIV person will die after a span of maximum 10 years ?
Doctor :   no
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   Then why all newspapers & Media channel advertisement abt this ??
User :   Age : 25 Marital Status : Unmarried
Doctor :   they never advt as the person dies in
Doctor :   10 yrs
Doctor :   they say that the person should not contract HIV
Doctor :   as there is no cure
Doctor :   the person if he gets HIV may some time land up in AIDS if not controlled and may die in 6 months also
User :   actuall six months back i visited a sex workers for 5 days regular ... and this is my worry
Doctor :   thenthere is every chance of contracting HIV
Doctor :   because of your high risk behaviour
User :   after that a white fluide comes out from my penis (after 5 days of sexual experience
User :   but it stoped automatically
Doctor :   It could be a STD
User :   I immediately stoped to visit that place for ever
Doctor :   please get your self checked with doctor
Doctor :   Get the HIV test done with ELISA
User :   as u say . there is no cure then why these test sir ????
Doctor :   to detect whether you have HIV or not
Doctor :   all persons contract
User :   now these days i totally confused. parents are trying to knot me (for marriage)
Doctor :   sorry may not contract the virus
Doctor :   so if detected early one may try to control teh viral replication
Doctor :   and then prolong the life span
Doctor :   with some drugs
User :   i also totally scared all these thing
User :   if bychance i got tested positive then ????
Doctor :   you have to test for confirmation
Doctor :   by western blotting
Doctor :   get the ELISA first with HIV 1 and @
Doctor :   No
User :   i m a 25 year old. then wht abt my rest of the life ???
Doctor :   You have to take
Doctor :   medicines
Doctor :   to control the infe4ction
Doctor :   and when the viral infection
Doctor :   is low you may nt transmit
Doctor :   the virus to the partner
User :   how long these medicine one should take ?
Doctor :   it depends onyour response

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor