Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Diagnosis of an unidentified growth near penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
User :   Hi doctor
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :
Doctor :   May i help you now ?
User :   hi i am xxx i have question about development of some spot in in my growing near my penis shaft
User :   it red dots and like extra skin
User :   it all started few weeks ago
Doctor :   May i know your age ?
User :   anod now i have seen 3-4 spots
User :   i 37
Doctor :   ok
User :   its slightly red and tried to press last week one but no water was there
Doctor :   do you have pain while urinating ?
User :   no
User :   its botom of the penis near the pubic hair
Doctor :   did you develop this after intercourse?
User :   no idea
Doctor :   do you have itching there ?
User :   no
Doctor :   do you have any history of diabetes ?
User :   but seems spreading rapidly
User :   never check
Doctor :   is it on the shaft of penis or on the scrotum ?
Doctor :   are you married
Doctor :   do you have any discharge from there ?
User :   down arround the penis in pubic hair
Doctor :   ok
User :   no
User :   i am divorced
Doctor :   is it scaling ?
Doctor :   ok
User :   no
Doctor :   ok mostly it can be some fungal infection
Doctor :   do you have any swelling in the groin ?
Doctor :   did you develop fever ?
Doctor :   did you use any ointments ?
User :   ok its size of achne
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   it can be also infected sebaceous cyst
Doctor :   or hair follicles
Doctor :   too
User :   i tried some creams
Doctor :   is it increasing in size
User :   yes
Doctor :   what creams ?
Doctor :   did you have any hair root swelling in the pubic hair area ?
User :   bbetnobate n
Doctor :   anyway do check your blood sugar levels first
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
User :   ok
Doctor :   dont use steroids first
Doctor :   as you dont ahve any itching now
User :   then any other recomendation
User :   ok
Doctor :   i feel probably it is the infection of hair roots
Doctor :   you may use topical mupirocin ointment
Doctor :   which is an antibiotic
Doctor :   which is very
Doctor :   effective fopr hair follicle infection
Doctor :   commonly caused by staphylocoocus aureus bacteria
User :   but few place same time or after each other appearance has put me in tention
Doctor :   ok it can come due to excess sweating
Doctor :   in those areas
Doctor :   so do wear cotton underdresses
User :   but dont much sweat
Doctor :   and also use some candid b pwoder
Doctor :   ok
User :   i do ware
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   you may check your blood sugar levels too
User :   i live in singapore so life styile is bit stressed
Doctor :   as diabetic is the common cause for that
Doctor :   ok
User :   can it be due to sexsual infection?
Doctor :   anyway use some antibiotic ointment
Doctor :   can be
User :   ok
Doctor :   as first to be ruled out is that
User :   ok
Doctor :   but did you have any recent intercourse
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting...
Doctor :   bye for now...
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor