Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Diagnosis for delayed periods - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
User :   Hello Doctor, i have a delayed periods and its been delayed by 3 days now. what could eb the remedy for this, thanks
Doctor :   hi
Doctor : here
User :   hello Dr. xxx..
Doctor :   when was your last menstrual period?
User :   it was 4 weeks ago.
User :   Last month, and usually its 26 days cycle.
Doctor :   please provide your age, height, weight
User :   Age 25: Height 5ft 1 inch, Weight 57
Doctor :   are you sexually active?
User :   yes, with my Partner, but we always have a protected sex and we are very muhc confident about it..
Doctor :   are you any birth controlpills?
User :   nope, nothing as such.
Doctor :   is there chance that pre-cum entered or came in contact?
Doctor :   is there any stress (physical,emotional,mental)?
User :   nope, nothing as such.. we both are pretty confident about it.
User :   stress, a little bit of..
Doctor :   have you had any recent changes in diet habits or lifestyle?
User :   actually yes, i'm getting married in December, so a bit of diet conscious,
Doctor :   ok. if there are major changes in diet habits or lifestyle,then bleeding pattern can changes due to change in hormone levels
Doctor :   a usual of 5-10 days delay is considered normal in such cases
User :   oh ok...
Doctor :   if the delay in periods is more than 10 days, then you should consider getting complete evaluation done by a gynecologist
Doctor :   to make sure there are no serious causes involved like ovarian cyst, PCOD, etc
Doctor :   have you followed what I have said?
User :   yes , i do very much..
Doctor :   so wait till next 1 week, and see if your periods start, if they do not start in 10 days from your expected date of periods
Doctor :   then go ahead with examiantion and further investigations
Doctor :   *examination
Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   alright, and if any chance of sperm entry, what could be the best solution.
User :   as i said, getting married to the same partner in december, we are not planning for a baby for atleast next 2 years.
Doctor :   if 72 hours are not over since the 'probable' unprotected intercourse, then you can opt for eergency contracetion
Doctor :   if you are delayed more than 72 hours or not sure, then you need to wait
Doctor :   to confirm/rule out pregnancy in 10 days time with a blood HCG level test
Doctor :   which will give accurate results unlike urine pregnancy kits
Doctor :   if pregnancy is detected, you need to take further decision whether or not you want to have this baby
Doctor :   abortion in first pregnancy if not done wel, or if any complication happens, can ruin your fertility
Doctor :   for next pregnancy due to chances of uterine scarring etc
Doctor :   since you are getting married to same partner I would advise you to go ahead with continuing pregnancy rather than facing infertility issues later on
Doctor :   since about 85% of couple facing infertility have history of abortion in past
Doctor :   have you followed what I have said?
User :   yes, i did, thank you very much..
Doctor :   is there anything else i can help you with?
User :   you hav ebeen very helpful
User :   thanks a lot
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me. bye for now.
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor