Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with subchronic hematoma in pregnancy - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Pregnancy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   My 25 year old daughter is 9 weeks pregnant. At 5 weeks she was diagnosed with a sub chorionic hematoma. Her 6 week vaginal ultrasound showed a baby with heartbeat of 129. The Hematoma has evidentally been absorbed. Her 7week ultrasound showed the baby had not grown and the heartbeat was dropping and she would most likely miscarry at any time. Her 8 week ultrasound showed no growth and she is now 9 weeks pregnant and still no miscarriage. How long in your opinion will this continue until she miscarries.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   let me read
Doctor :   miscarriage can occur if the baby heart beat stops completely of again if there occurs a hematoma sufficient big enough to cause miscarriage
User :   how long can this little baby hold on before
User :   it's heart stops
Doctor :   since there is no other episode of bleed the pregnancy might continue for the term also
User :   even though the baby is only a few cm and not growing
Doctor :   baby any time can pick up the growth if the environment is conducive
User :   really
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor