Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with kidney stones and having pain in sacral and gluteal - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 18-Dec-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Kidney Conditions
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
User:I am getting pain in sacral (b/w hips back side) and gluteal (buttocks). It started at 2010 as per orthopedic doctor I was taken pain killer as long as 6 months. Pain decreased but now started again. If I eats potatoes and eggs the pain will increase. I want to know is it arthritis or other else. Recently I have been diagnosed by Kidney stone
User:hello Dr.
User:Please read the above problem and suggest the treatment
Doctor:Usually back pains subside in 1 month
Doctor:But if the pain stays for longer time or is severe
Doctor:then it is better to go for tests and confirm the reason
Doctor:as far as the pain in back is concerned, strengthening back exercises along with calcium is recommended
Doctor:But in your case you need to take calcium after getting blood test done for calcium deficiency
Doctor:as calcium may precipitate in the kidney to form stones
User:suggest me, what are the tests need to be done...?
Doctor:The starting tests will be blood test along with x-rays
Doctor:It will also rule out stones as cause of back pain
User:I am working in Jindal Steel Ltd. Bellary, our company doctor suggested to meet with Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore.
Doctor:It is better to see an orthopedic surgeon
Doctor:For kidney stones, nephrology or general surgeon consultation will be needed
User:I met with orthopedic surgeon at Shimoga, they prescribed pain killers for a month after 1 month they changed tabs like that 6 months I have taken pain killers.
Doctor:Ask the doctor to do tests and figure out the cause
Doctor:It seems like neurological pain
Doctor:coming from lumbosacral spine
User:Now I decided to do the whole body checkup. I have Bajaj healthcare magic card, can I get cashless or discount for this checkup...
Doctor:Let me check with customer care team
User:policy no. OG-14-1901-8403-0000
Doctor:Sorry XXXXXXX does not provide these services
Doctor:You can clarify these questions by calling 0000
Doctor:Do you have any question?
Doctor:Are you there?
Doctor:It is better to get tests according to the prescription by the specialists
User:finally which doctors I have to contact, orthopedic, nephrologhist, neurologist?
Doctor:For back pain you can consult an orthopedic surgeon or even a neurologist
Doctor:For stone in kidney, it seems like a small stone that is not bothering you much
Doctor:You can try to flush it out by drinking enough water
Doctor:You can do this under guidance of general surgeon or even nephrologist
Doctor:Since neurologist and nephrologiosts are superspecialists, they are not easily available
User:surgeon advised to drink enough water..
Doctor:Do you think it may have passed out
Doctor:Maybe a repeat test is needed to find that
User:ya after 2 months I will go for repeat test...
User:can u suggest me the hospital at bangalore that most of the specialists available...?
User:are u there...?
Doctor:Which area do you stay?
Doctor:There are many superspecialty hospitals in Bangalore
Doctor:Like St Johns, Manipal, Apollo, Fortis, etc
User:K I will go to one of the hospital and get treatment. Thanks for suggestion..
Doctor:Thanks for consulting
Doctor:Take care
User:thank u sir...
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor