Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with UTI and yellow semen - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2559 Questions
User :   I think I have a UTI, but today I noticed that my semen was actually yellow. What might that be?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr XXX here
Doctor :   Let me read what you have typed
Doctor :   May i know your age? Kindly explain your symptoms in detail
User :   43 yrs old. I am susceptible to UTIs because I have a genital abnormality, two openings on my penis. I've been experiencing some UTI symptoms, frequency urinating, burning when I urinate, and then yesterday I noticed a strange smell and today my semen looked yellow.
User :   I've also had some dry, flaky skin on the tip of my penis and redness around both openings.
Doctor :   Since when are you having UTI symptoms? Are you on any medications for that?
User :   The symptoms have lasted about five days, no medication.
Doctor :   Is there any rash, itching or pain on penis? Do you have any other symptoms like raised sugar , BP or cholesterol?
User :   a little bit of pain on the tip of my penis and pain in the second opening, which is just under the head of my penis
Doctor :   Is it associated with foul smelling discharge?Do you have any other symptoms like raised sugar , BP or cholesterol?
User :   I don't have any discharge and no idea about raised sugar or cholesterol
Doctor :   When was the last time you get yourself checked for sugar and cholesterol?
User :   Many years ago
Doctor :   First of all coming to your UTI it is common in this age.
User :   Is the yellow semen common?
Doctor :   1)Drink lots of water and juices.
User :   I'm worried too because two years ago I let a man touch my penis and I'm worried I could have had an STD for the past two years and not known.
Doctor :   It can be due to various reasons as infection, allergy, raised sugar etc
Doctor :   If ha has just touched your penis you cannot get an STD like this but if there was any transmission of saliva or fluid then possibilities are there but since it has been so long no need to worry
User :   So I couldn't have gonorrhea or chlamydia for this long without knowing?
Doctor :   It may be associated with symptoms like pain, itching, foul smelling discharge, rashes, burning
User :   Is it safe for me to have sex without worrying about infecting someone else.
Doctor :   It is better to have protected intercourse if you do not have any idea about the partner being infected or not, also during UTI have protected one only
User :   But should I worry about infecting someone else if my last encounter was two years ago and it involved touching only.
Doctor :   No then you should not be worried.
Doctor :   2)For UTI drink Craneberry juice about 3 times a day.
User :   Should these symptoms go away if I drink lots of fluids
Doctor :   3)Clean your genitals with Teat tree oil and water 3 times a day.
Doctor :   * Tea Tree Oil
User :   should I be concerned about prostatitis
Doctor :   They can be controlled but if severe infection i s there then you need to get yourself examined and also may require prescription antibiotics.
Doctor :   Also i will advice you to get your urine examination and Blood sugar and cholesterol also checked up since you have frequent UTI and Sugar can also be a cause
Doctor :   Do you have prostatitis also?
User :   I don't know. I was worried that might be why I have yellow semen today.
Doctor :   Prostatitis presents with frequent and urgent urination. Also there is problem in evacuating the bladder fully.
Doctor :   Have you not had intercourse or done masturbation since long? Because long term abstaining from this can cause yellow semen
User :   Yes it has been a while since I masturbated.
Doctor :   Then probably that can be a cause since you do not have any other symptoms. Also at this stage you should get your regular check ups done yearly.
User :   Should I give it a few more days and see if it goes away
Doctor :   You can wait for 3 to 5 days but if the symptoms increase and also if their is no relief then do get yourself examined.
User :   Thanks
Doctor :   Is there anything else you would like to know?
Doctor :   It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor