Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with Multiple lympho fibroma - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can I help you?
Doctor :   please proceed with your health query
User :   I was diagnosed with Mutiple Lympho Fibroma some years back.
User :   The doctors said these lymph nodes were benign
Doctor :   ok
User :   It were not bothersome till these nodes were a few & small, but now some have grown to a noticable size n are disturbing
User :   could anything be done arrest the abnormal growth or to get rid of them
Doctor :   if they have grown in size faster in teh recent times, then you should consider getting them rechecked
Doctor :   when was your lat evaluation with doctor regarding these?
User :   a general health check-up a couple of years ago
User :   but not specific
User :   should i see a general physician or a specialist
Doctor :   further tests need to be done from these nodes to see the cell type of them
Doctor :   have biospy or FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) been done on them?
User :   nothing just a external examination
User :   was done
Doctor :   what is their approximate current size?
Doctor :   are they freely movable?
Doctor :   which groups are most affected?
User :   they are many in numbers n some spanning 1.5"
User :   no, they are statinary
User :   some nodes located on my back & some on arms have grown big
User :   Doc?
Doctor :   are you there?
User :   ya
Doctor :   i mean to ask if you try to move them, are they freely movable?
User :   Could u suggest where should i visit or who shud i see?
Doctor :   is the skin over them freely movable or fixed?
User :   yeah they move
User :   skin is not movable
Doctor :   you will need to see a specialist, general surgeon
User :   seems they are attached to the inside of the skin
Doctor :   and get the biopsy and.or FNAC done to see what is teh cell type in them
User :   they move along with the skin
Doctor :   and proceed with treatment based on these reports
User :   are they curable, doc?
Doctor :   if anything is serious, they can be removed along with taking medications after removal
Doctor :   if they are not serious, then you can leave them alone
User :   removing surgically seems to be not a feasible options coz they have also grown in numbers
User :   they have grown all across the body
Doctor :   ok. the option of surgery will depend on the biopsy report
User :   i had been ignoring them after they were first diagnosed coz the docs said they were benign & that there was no cure to it
User :   but now they have reached to a disturbing state
Doctor :   as I said definitive treatment options can be discussed after further tests based on their results
User :   Thanks doc, i'll see a doc asap
User :   Could u suggest anyone specific
Doctor :   you need to visit Gen. Surgeon for examination and these tests.
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me. bye for now.
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor