Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Diabetic, causes of rib pain in 2nd trimester - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Pregnancy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2569 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page
Doctor :   Hello
Doctor :   How can I help, xxx ?
User :   i am 5 monthspregnant and i am having rib pain i.e under my right breast ,is it something to worry.
Doctor :   Are you with me ?
User :   yes
User :   I am diabetic also
Doctor :   No
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Are your Blood sugars under control
User :   why am getting d pain den..
User :   yes last the sugar levels were 98 and 134
User :   98 -fasting and 134 after 1.5 hrs of having food
Doctor :   It is due to the Growing Uterus that is pushing theUterus up and hence the other contents of the Stomach are getting pushed up
User :   are d sugar levels ok
Doctor :   hence the pain that you might be having
Doctor :   Very much undercontrol I should say
User :   will diabetic create any problm for d baby
Doctor :   yes there will be changes that are seen and they shall need to kept a watch out for.

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor