Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Deviated nasal septum - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
User :   Hello Doctor
Doctor :   how can I help you?
User :   Actually I have Nose Bone problem
Doctor :   ok
User :   it has shifted to right side
Doctor :   do you mean you have a devaited nasal septum
Doctor :   that is the middle partition of your nose..
User :   and my right side nose hole is blocked
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   how long have you had this problem for?
Doctor :   did you have any injury to your nose?
User :   for very long time
Doctor :   how old are you?
Doctor :   what work do you do?
User :   10 years
User :   27
Doctor :   Do you have any problems like- recurrent cold/cough or
Doctor :   snoring?
User :   yes
User :   too much
Doctor :   both
User :   even i ma able to a\sleep at night
Doctor :   cough/cold and snoring?
User :   ya both

Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   and if I understood you right
Doctor :   you have disturbed sleep
User :   yes
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   HAve you seen a specialist -ENT
Doctor :   / taken any medication?
User :   no
User :   never
Doctor :   do you smoke/ drink alcohol?
User :   not at all
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   What work do you do?
User :   Software Engineer
Doctor :   Do you feel breathless/ difficulty in
Doctor :   exercising/physical exertion
User :   when ever both hole blocked on cold
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   How often do you get the colds/ cough?
User :   but usually dont face breath problem
Doctor :   Do you get a lot of sneezing as well?
User :   ya too too much some time

Doctor :   Do you have nay other health problems-
User :   more than 100 a day
Doctor :   like asthma or anything else?
User :   no
Doctor :   Is your sneezing worse in winter or
Doctor :   on exposure to dust/anyhting else?
User :   dust is big problem for me
Doctor :   , what you have is a common condition called a Deviated nasal septum
Doctor :   The deviation can be corrected
Doctor :   surgically by an ENT specailist
Doctor :   that will most probably relieve your
Doctor :   Nose block/ recurrent colds and snoring
User :   may you please refer me good ENT specialist
Doctor :   but your sneezinf
Doctor :   and dust problems
Doctor :   are an allergy
Doctor :   which will most probably continue
User :   oka
User :   would it effect my health also
Doctor :   the recurrent coughs and cold can lead
Doctor :   to chronic sinusits/ ear infections
Doctor :   and cause you a lot of grief
User :   OH!
Doctor :   the allergy- cannot be cured
Doctor :   only manged by mediicnes
Doctor :   you have to understand that- and take a decision abt your surgery after consultations with your treating
Doctor :   specailist
Doctor :   How much water do you drink per day?
User :   2-3 Ltr
Doctor :   thats good
User :   i take Lemon+Honey+Water in the morning
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   There area a lot of Good ENT surgeons ar
User :   yes
Doctor :   We dodnt have data
Doctor :   only the contact details
Doctor :   IF you are interested we can arrange an appointment for you, with an ENT surgeon at star
Doctor :   hospital or XXXXXXXX hospital
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   outer ring road
User :   ya i know
User :   how much expense will come on Surgery
Doctor :   I'm not sure
Doctor :   If you want
Doctor :   we can check that out
Doctor :   and give you a call
Doctor :   by tommorow
User :   okay

Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   i will wait for your call
Doctor :   ok

User :   thanks for such a nice information

Doctor :   you are welcome
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now.

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor