Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Developed a keloid in the chest towards neck after an electric shock. Any medicine for cure? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 20-Oct-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:Hi Doctor
User:My wife has keloid up the chest towards her neck
Doctor:Ok since how long is this?
User:this had got developed after she went through an electric shock and possibly the wire got stuck to that area 5 yrs back
User:we tried homeopathic medicines to get the same supressed but it did not
User:now she has itching sensation and it looks bad also
User:what do you suggest we should be doing?
User:is cosmetic surgery the possible solution?
Doctor:First thing is steroid triamcinalone injection can be tried
Doctor:along with lignocaine as it can be painful while injecting into the scar
Doctor:If that fails we have better injections like bleomycin and 5-FU
Doctor:If cost is not a problem then Pulse XXXXXXX laser can be used to remove the scar
Doctor:Which city are you in?
User:I work with XXXXXXX Bangalore but my wife stays in Noida
Doctor:Ok then you can XXXXXXX a cosmetic surgeon in Noida
User:would like to get it done in Noida or Delhi whatever you suggest
User:and yes cost is not a problem
User:should i go to Apollo or Fortis?
User:or any specialised place you know about
Doctor:Let me check if there are any individual practitioners doing it
User:i would prefer the best and also Doctor is there any chance of the scar getting developed again as it is above the skin
Doctor:With the laser the chances reduce
User:what would be the expected expenditure on this surgery?
Doctor:I am unable to find, please see a Cosmetic surgeon or Dermatologist at the above centres
User:and in your opinion this should be the best and least painful option, right?
User:doctor what would be the expected cost involved in this?
Doctor:It depends on the centre, doctor and the length/depath of the scar
Doctor:Since it is not covered under insurance I suggest to negotiate on the XXXXXXX saying that you would pay cash
User:ok doctor
User:thanks for your advise
Doctor:Thank you for visiting me
Doctor:Do you have any more queries
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor