Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Determination to quit smoking after pain in the ribs. - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hi Doctor, This is here...
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you
User :   have some queries
Doctor :   Tell me .
User :   I have actually been smoking for last 9 years around, and now want to go ahead and quit.
Doctor :   Yes it will be based on your will and your Mind set
Doctor :   Yes
User :   what damage would this period had done to my body
Doctor :   there are medications and dermal patches that would help you
Doctor :   there are changes that could have occured
User :   i believe i do not need those things as i have determined this.
Doctor :   Pathological alteration of your lung architecture.
User :   what kind of changes
Doctor :   Bronchiectasis
Doctor :   and Bronchial tree
User :   off late i have been feeling pain around my ribs
Doctor :   Is it localized or is it in general that you are having the pain
User :   occassionaly
Doctor :   Occasionally you get it in around particular area
User :   but when it happens, i hardly can move my upper part of body....what could it be
Doctor :   since when are you having it
Doctor :   and
Doctor :   what are the aggeravating factors.
User :   it's for around one year
User :   it suddenly happens and after 5 to 10 just goes away
Doctor :   ok have you seen any doctor and taken any medication for the csmne
User :   no, i actuall keep quite away from medicines
User :   I have also put on some fat around my waist area
User :   my weight is around 70 k
Doctor :   ok.
Doctor :   Are you having any habits of smoking or Alcohol
User :   yes i smoke and once in a month kind of drinker
Doctor :   Do you haveany other illness other than the once that you have mentioned
User :   not during last 18 years. in 1989 i got hospitalised due to problem in lever. i was 9 then.
Doctor :   ok.
Doctor :   are you having any cough occasional or producing and Sputum
User :   sometimes but this is rare.
User :   i actually have lost 60% of my stamina. now when i have decided to quit smoking, tell me how can this be rebuilt
Doctor :   there are few conditions that i can think of like costochondritis and Perichondritis but since there is no constant pain it could be mostly nothing to be worried about at all
Doctor :   Oh
Doctor :   Have you been ruled out of tuberculosis
User :   i couldn't get you. pls explain
Doctor :   1) Costochondritis 2) Perichondritis could be the two possibilities and
User :   i have actually been investigated for this but not confirmed by medical reports
Doctor :   since the pain is not been regular and not been consistent it could be Tuberculosis also that needs to be ruled out
User :   i am in good health now
Doctor :   then there would not be nothing to be worried about this condition.
User :   tell me what are the remedies or ways to rebuilt stamina
User :   i am unmarried now and going to get married in december
Doctor :   ok..
Doctor :   You need to take Vegetables and Fresh fruits as a part of your diet regularly, though meat based foods are thought ot give you proteins they will never make you feel healthy and active hence
Doctor :   please fill this form and tell me when done
User :   Thanks for your time doctor.
Doctor :   You are Welcome
Doctor :   Bye for now.
User :   send me the feedback form
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor