Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Detected tuberculosis and tests for the same. - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   hi dao.i have been diagonised for TB.which doctor should i see
Doctor :   please go ahead with ur medical query
Doctor :   TB of lungs isit
Doctor :   TB and chest medicine
Doctor :   or pulmonologist
User :   i dont know.i have been having repeated urinary infections,runing a low grade fever,and back pain
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   how did u come to know u have TB
Doctor :   did u have xray anytime?
Doctor :   chest xray
User :   so i went to a urologist.he referred this test to me
Doctor :   did u have any other medical problems other than backache
Doctor :   ok
User :   low grade fever,general sick feeling,joint pains ect
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   where are u located
User :   which is the specialty doc i should see.and is it a seroiud disease?
Doctor :   yes it should be promptly treated
User :   pl refer me to a good doctor.i have been seeing lot of doctors but its only now that a disease has been properly detected
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   what tests did they do
Doctor :   did u see any orthopaedician so far?
Doctor :   for ur back pain?
Doctor :   did u get the xray of spine
User :   this i a TB PCR Qualitative test.The report says sample positive by DNA amplification for mycobacterium TB complex(MTC)
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   in that case
Doctor :   consult a physician
User :   A GP?
Doctor :   he will guide to the nearest TB treatment center
Doctor :   You can use the search a doctor/hospital feature on our homepage to find a doctor in your area. If you wish, we can fix up your appointment with a doctor in your area.
User :   any god GP?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   u can use the search option and look for GP in
Doctor :   ok
User :   ok.Thansk doc.will do.
Doctor :   u can use this link
Doctor :   if u need any assistance
Doctor :   u can write to us or msg or have chat with us
Doctor :   we will do that for u
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor