Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Desensitizing creams for an over sensitive glans - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   Hi, I'm a 14 year old boy and my penis glans is very sensitive that I cannot touch it, what could I do to desensitise it so it is less painfull when I touch it?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Let me read your query
Doctor :   I am Dr. XXX here
Doctor :   Ok
User :   Hello Dr. XXX
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Since when it is so sensitive?
User :   Since I remember myself!
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you have fever or pain while urination?
Doctor :   or any discharge from the penis?
User :   No, absolutely not, I don't thing it is any illness of some kind, I think it is because this year I started to fully retract my foresking back and it is not used to being touched.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Have you consulted a doctor for this problem?
Doctor :   prior to this I mean
User :   no, unfortunately where I live there is no doctor to consult about this issue
Doctor :   Ok
User :   and I do not think that this is something bad, since alot of my friends are like this
Doctor :   You should show it to a Urologist or a General surgeon if Urologist is not available
Doctor :   Yes, during this age
Doctor :   due to increased blood supply and growth, it can become tender
User :   just that my penis is not used to being touched. But i simply cannot start touching it because it is extremely uncomfortable!
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   How about the foreskin?
User :   what about it?
Doctor :   Can you touch the foreskin without any problem?
User :   yes it is absolutely fine
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Now the glans part
Doctor :   sensitive meaning, does it pain?
User :   yes some how, but it is more of an uncomfortable feeling, just like when you touch your eyeball
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   I think it is just a normal one as you do not have any other symptoms
Doctor :   Can I ask you about your sexual history?
User :   yes, what could I tell you?
Doctor :   You are very young
Doctor :   but still, any sexual activity till date?
User :   I have not have sexual activity, just that I masturbate every day, up to three times a day
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   That is one more factor
Doctor :   which can strain the organ
User :   yes but even before I started masturbating that much it was still sensitive!!
User :   now, I have looked up many forums and I saw some mentions about a "Desensitising Lubricant" and I would like to ask you if something like that exists
Doctor :   Yes, it does
Doctor :   they are local anasthetic creams
Doctor :   which have to be taken on prescription
User :   but will it work in the long term?
User :   and will it be safe to apply it on my penis?
Doctor :   No, this is just a problem due to the growth spurt
Doctor :   and hormonal fluctuations
Doctor :   they are safe, but first, you should consult and show it to a doctor
Doctor :   for examination
Doctor :   and only then, go for such creams if your doctor prescribes
User :   but i told you there is no doctor here, only a man that has a pharmacy (drug store)
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   I understand
Doctor :   but me advicing you drugs, online without examination, is unethical
Doctor :   Since it is not an emergency, do it electively, travelling to the doctor's place sometime
User :   okay thank you
Doctor :   Do you have any other queries?
User :   no thank you, bye bye
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting, bye for now
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor