Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Depression, mood swing - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Depression
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   hi
User :   Hi, i'm a 15 year old female and I've been having really extreme mood changes. Like sometimes
I feel extremley happy and then in a few hours/days (it depends) i'll get extremley sad and depressed.
And sometimes I feel like really depressed but really like energized and happy its like mixed
together. And I often have suicidal thoughts and I am really irritable. I really want to know whats wrong.
Doctor :   how can we help you
Doctor :   k.. you should undergo psychiatric councelling immediately..
User :   whats wrong with me ?
Doctor :   inform ur parents immediately about ur mood swings
Doctor :   nothing wrong as such..
User :   am I manic depressive?

Doctor :   its just mental disturbance..
User :   i've done some research on my 'symptoms' and thats the result i got just about every time
Doctor :   i cant tell diagnosis without ..
Doctor :   u cant diagnose urself
User :   I know
Doctor :   go for consultation
Doctor :   and get back to us
User :   I really dont wanna involve my parents
Doctor :   for any further help..
Doctor :   its just their responsibility
Doctor :   they vll surely help you..
Doctor :   you got me..
User :   what ?

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor