Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Dengue fever 6 months before, knee pain, 55 years old - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Arthritis
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
User :   hi
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr AAAAAAA
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hello docter, good evening
User :   my father is 55 years old. he got dengue fever 6 months before
Doctor :   good evening ,please proceed with the query.
User :   after that fever, he is having severe knee pain (he never had any pain before that)
Doctor :   Ok
User :   we consulted few docters but nothing is helping out
User :   i need directions for his treatment
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   he dont want to take just pain killers because it will upset/ulcer his stomach
Doctor :   You might be very well knowing that Dengue is caused by a Virus.
User :   yeah
Doctor :   In most of the cases it has only an acute picture but rarely they have symptoms or effects which last very long.
User :   oh ok
User :   how do we treat him?
Doctor :   It is a viral infection where in the body sets in a series of serological reactions where in antibodies start fighting the flavi virus - IgG & IgM antibodies, because of which the fluid settles in joints.
Doctor :   Something like Chicken Gunya which is usually chronic.
User :   how long it will take ? do we have any specific treatment or just leave it?
Doctor :   So what I also suggest is a re-evaluation of his Knee joints by an Arthrologist or Joint specialist, to rule out other possibilities like Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Doctor :   Could you let me know where you stay ?
User :   he stays could you suggest a docter (may be in coimbatore)?
Doctor :   Let me give you a detailed follow up 7 treatment protocol : Doctor :   *&
Doctor :   1. He needs to continue some pain killers in very small dosages to avoid pain as of now.
Doctor :   2. the best place would be XXXXXXXX Hospital
User :   ok
Doctor :   3. He needs to understand that Dengue has long term joint problems and switch over to Alternative Medicine.
Doctor :   4. Alternative Medicine includes Yoga, Sukshm Vyayam, Joint relaxation 7 activation techniques.
Doctor :   5. Some amount of physiotherapy will help.
Doctor :   6. Hot water fomentation will help.
Doctor :   7. Not to over strain the knees , or sitting on the floor.
Doctor :   Hope you have followed.
User :   yes
User :   Siddha or Ayurvedic medicine will help
User :   ?
Doctor :   Might help if not over used or over massaged.
User :   ok
User :   I also need address for
User :   in bangalore
User :   or whoever is best
Doctor :   Dr AAAAAAA is supposed to be the best.
User :   other than Dharmanand?
Doctor :  
User :   oh ok...
User :   Uma is lady docter?
Doctor :   Yes please.
User :   could you also provide details
Doctor :   I am sorry I do not know about the deta.
User :   Where else i can meet XXXXXXXX
Doctor :   If you can give us sometime the Customer care team can call you and let you know.
User :   i already consulting other docter
User :   that will be great too
User :   thank you for your time
Doctor :   So , As you are i shall advise you one more thing.
User :   sure
User :   i am
Doctor :   For chronic joint pains the best palliative care is at a place calle the largest nature care center in the world.
User :   do they treat for Rhematoid Arthritis?
Doctor :   Yes very much, but first get it diagnosed 7 than go ahead to SVYASA.
User :   do you know where is it
User :   i am diagnosed with RA
Doctor :   So you can very well go there.
User :   do you know the location
Doctor :   It is on bannerghatta road at jigani, anekal taluka.
User :   ok... thank you much!
Doctor :   You are always welcome, take care , bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor