Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Delayed puberty, needs treatment? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Growth and Development in Children
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Good afternoon.
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   Hi, My daughter is 13 years old, yet she has not started menstual and have hight about 4 feet 2".
User :   her hight and body is yet not devloped
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   May I know if she had any problems - growth and development during childhood?
User :   no she is normal
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain to you.
User :   ok
Doctor :   The age of puberty can vary among different girls.
Doctor :   While they say the average age is between 10 to 13 years, some girls can have attain puberty at later age also.
User :   ok
User :   up to what age her body can grow?
Doctor :   If there were no growth and developmental problems in the past, then I do not suspect any major problems now.
User :   fine, can you suggest any mdicine to help her grow
Doctor :   Yes, there are few medical drugs available - in the form of oestrogen and progesterone combination pills.
Doctor :   They can be tried, however only after evaluation.
Doctor :   Evaluation that includes endocrine work ups.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Hence I suggest you to wait for another 6 to 8 months,
Doctor :   in the mean time, I would suggest you to consult a gynecologist who will perform these test
User :   fine, thanks
Doctor :   and give those pills only if needed.
User :   ok sure
Doctor :   Is there any other query?
User :   No, THanks
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting.
Doctor :   Bye for now.
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor