Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods with negative urine pregnancy tests - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Pregnancy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :  
how can i help you?
User :   I am about a month late with my period. I have taken several home pregnancy tests and all have come back negitive. I however have all the classic signs of pregnancy. I am now as of today having stabbing pains in my lower back.
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
i will help you in this
User :   ok
Doctor :  
sometimes the urine pregnancy tests continue to come negative
Doctor :  
even though you feel pregnant
Doctor :  
the bset way to confirm is
User :   thats what i have heard
Doctor : do a blood test for HCG levels
User :   ok
Doctor :   it will show presence of HCG hormone, pregnancy hormone in blood
Doctor :  
2. transvaginal scan to gee the fetal pole inside uterus
Doctor :  
3. an examination by a ggynac
User :   ok.
Doctor :  
a pelvic examination combined with a abdominal exam will show ripened cervix to examiner and soft bulky uterus
Doctor :  
so please get all the three done, atleast the first two

Doctor :  
to confirm if you are really pregnant
Doctor :  
and also if cramps increase
Question is related to
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor