Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods and spotting after child birth - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
User :   I am 36, have not had period for 14 months, had baby 15 months ago then had implant fitted. Last few days I have been getting brown clots.
Doctor :   hello
User :   Hi
Doctor :   what is the colour of the spots ?
User :   Dark brown
Doctor :   any pain in your abdomen ?
User :   A little but nothing major prob on a scale of 1-10 its a 1 just niggling
Doctor :   any other symptoms ?
User :   No
Doctor :   the spots have been constant ? every day ?
User :   yes, for last three days
Doctor :   has this happened for the first time in last 14 months ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   and do you have any other medical condition
User :   no
Doctor :   well ok
Doctor :   now since you dont have no other condition and no pain or discomfort and the color is dark brown it looks nothing serious but some old blood. you should be bothered about it much. as some spotting at times without symptoms in ok
Doctor :   but at the same time
Doctor :   if it continues for 2 more days and you have pain in abdominan then you need to see a gynecologist
User :   Ok, I will keep an eye on the situation, and if it does not cease I will contact my GP.
Doctor :   Spotting may not always indicate a serious problem, but your doctor can assess if it is a sign of some other underlying problem or complication. You'll probably need an examination or an ultrasound scan to rule out any complications
User :   okj, thank you for your advice
Doctor :   your most welcome
Doctor :   take care
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor