Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Deep vein thrombosis, treatment and medications - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Arthritis
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
User :   Hello
Doctor :   how can i help you?
User :   This query is about my mom. She is facing problems with the right Leg. She is old.
User :   i can tell you what happened, are you a specialist on orthopadic ?
Doctor :   ok
User :   ?

Doctor :   I am a General Practitioner, I believe I can help you within my expertise and If required I shall recommend a specialist.
User :   okay

Doctor :   procced
Doctor :   tell me more about your mom s condition
Doctor :   Are you there ?
Doctor :  
User :   yep .. typing someting big
User :   get me a sec please
Doctor :   ya sure
User :  
To start with the problem : she used to have problems on the right side of the body. It used to pain as if a vain is getting strained .. starting fron the begining of the hips till the feet.
User :   The last two finger's of the feet were heavey at times.
User :   Then there was extreme pain in the legs, where she cannot fold it back wards
Doctor :   ok
User :   The knee swelled (right side of the knee).
Doctor :   ok
User :   We went for a doc & he suggested an X-Ray ... then he said probably the knee bone is dislocated .. he is not very sure
Doctor :   ok
User :   At present he has prescribed pain killers & have suggested a MRI test after a week
Doctor :  
User :   He said there are positive signs of artheritis.
User :   yes please
Doctor :   based on the information what yoou have given to me it seems like a condition called Deep vein thrombosis/ some time it might be becuse of some drug reaction
Doctor :   or some time it might be because of ortho pedic problem
Doctor :   so i strongly advise a consultation with orthopedician , so that he can treat the condition properly
Doctor :   if at all it is a medical problem he can refer to general physician
User :   okay .. what i am looking for is possibly what is teh cause & the remedy .. coz the other doc kind of is not talking about the healing part ..

User :   complete healing
Doctor :   Ya
Doctor :   i understand your concern
User :   he is an Ortho guy
Doctor :   But some times it might be a serious problem like Deep vein thrombosis as i said
Doctor :   so its better to consult a orthopedician and exclude the serious condition
Doctor :   complete healing is possible
User :   I think you have a call back option availabl e ..?
Doctor :   1sec
User :   can i ask for a call back to my mom & get some more / suggest some more to her when she visits the doc again ..?
Doctor :   you can call and doctors will answer
User :   oh ok .. i thought it was teh other way round

Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do you have any more doubts regarding your mothers condition
Doctor :   i feel happy to answer your queries
User :   ne ways thanks for your advice but this is a bit expencive .. you have a nice day ahead sir ..
User :   Thanks
User :   Bye now
Doctor :   bye
Doctor :   have a nice day
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor