Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Decreased weight, 2 years - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Growth and Development in Children
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :Good Evening! I have 2 years and 2 months old son. He was very healthy and was putting on weight till 1 year. One day he saw my husband hitting me in front of him and trying to snatch him from me due to some family problems. After this incident till date he has not put on any weight and keeps loosing weight. He does not eat properly. He has become more arogant. Keeps spitting at evreryone, tries to hit everyone. I try to calm him. But sometimes cant control. He is very active. As per his doctor i have been giving him multivitamins still he is same and only 10 kgs. I happend to meet one counceler and she told me taht son has some fear within him thats why he is not putting on weight and he has to be treated as early as possible. Kindly guide me on this.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
User :   good evening
Doctor :   I am reading ur query
Doctor :   Plz hold
User :   ok
User :   are you there doc
Doctor :   I am Here
Doctor :   I understand there are some pSychosocial issies cqausing stress in the child
Doctor :   Hemight had acute stress
Doctor :   But it is very common ib many families
User :   k
Doctor :   To tell u honestly, Some parents beet the kids , just 2 yrs old , like any thing
User :   k
Doctor :   And they think that kid should listen to them
User :   ya
Doctor :   It will cause drastic fear in the kid
User :   k
Doctor :   But I saw tem they are fine
User :   k
Doctor :   So ur husband dealing with is indirect effect
User :   ok
Doctor :   And it is not that dramatic for the kid
User :   ok
Doctor :   But is he eating 3 imes
Doctor :   Is he 2 snaks
User :   he does not eat properly
User :   he likes snacks
User :   does not like rice
Doctor :   he should be fed nromal adult diet
User :   after taking multvitamin also there is no improvement
Doctor :   beakfast , lunch and dinner
User :   i feed him normal food what we eat
User :   if he feels like earting
Doctor :   U do not need to give any vitamin
User :   he eats
User :   optherwise no
Doctor :   They will ot increase weight
Doctor :   children need food
User :   we give him idli]
User :   dosa
User :   chapati
Doctor :   ok
User :   whatever he likes i prepare
User :   he hates to eat rice
Doctor :   Sounds very good
User :   forcefully i shd give him
Doctor :   DOnt do that
User :   he gets angry very fast
Doctor :   Give according to his taste
Doctor :   Many kids angry
Doctor :   Is he male
User :   s
Doctor :   Male kuids are hyper active
User :   he is very senstive also
Doctor :   Ofcourse that is kid nature
User :   his doc told me that if does not put on weight by this month
User :   they shd give him other treatmnt
User :   i got worried
Doctor :   What medicines is he getting
User :   that lady who i met also scared me saying he is very intellengt
Doctor :   Are you diagnosed him with any psychiatric problem
User :   only that councelr keeps telling me ttht if i dont bring out his fear his whole future will go bad
User :   i hav to get him treated before he completes 7 years
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Then consult child Psychiatrist and tell the story and counselor story to him
Doctor :   He may give any medicines and or explain what process is going in side the mind
User :   ok
User :   any child psychatrist u can suggest doc
Doctor :   where do u live
User :   sanjaynagar
Doctor :   bangalore
User :   s
Doctor :
Doctor :   Find the one near to u
User :   ok
User :   thank you
Doctor :   Do u have any other Q?
Doctor :   So my recommendation: User :   s doc
Doctor :   1. feed the child according to his interest
User :   k
Doctor :   2. do not force to eat what he dont like
User :   k
Doctor :   3. but feed him 3 times plius 2 snaks
User :   sure doc
Doctor :   Incluide milk , fruis, veg,
User :   ok doc
Doctor :   4. consult Psychiatrist if u notice any abnormal behavior
Doctor :   Thank u for consulting
Doctor :   Bye
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor