Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Decreased quantity of semen,UTI symptoms - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   Hi, may I answer your health queries r
Doctor :   helo
Doctor :   i am Dr ... here
User :   Hi doctor
Doctor :   please proceed with your query
User :   Dr, my husband is facing this issue past 2 months
Doctor :   tell me
User :   While our intercourse his volume of ejaculation has decreased
Doctor :   may i know his age ?
User :   27
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   can you tell me more
Doctor :   as to to amount of semen thats decreased
User :   He's facing this issue every time we have an intercourse
Doctor :   this happens in the first time
User :   He feels it has decreased by 80%
User :   I am not sure how accurate is tt
User :   But it's definitely noticeable
Doctor :   no problem . well its really not the quantity of semen thats the real issue BUT its the quality
Doctor :   as long as the sperms are of sufficient amount the quantity does not really matters?
User :   He says that's the thickness if the semen has decreased comparing when it was normal
Doctor :   does your husband masturbates ? before having sexual intercourse?
User :   No he doesn't
Doctor :   There are some foods out there that are known to help increase a man's semen volume
User :   He also feels burning while peeing
User :   And some of the semen in the pee
Doctor :   Foods that are especially rich in vitamins and minerals are great
Doctor :   he should drink lots of water too
User :   Yeah well he doesn't drink much water
User :   But does the semen come with the pee?
User :   I mean why
Doctor :   and yes the symptoms that you are telling me of burning sensation while peeing strongly suggests that there might be a infection
User :   ?b
Doctor :   its not semen as your husband thinks it to be but a white discharge that looks like semen . thats also a indications of an infection
User :   So wht do u suggest us to do dr?
Doctor :   he need t get a physical examination done and also semen and urine examination by going to a laboratory
User :   I had a feeling that it's an infection
Doctor :   yes the symptoms do strongly suggest so .. once the test results are out the exact cause is known and then the physician can prescribe the correct medications
User :   So let's say if it's an infection ... Is that's something he should worry bat?
Doctor :   its common for both men and women to have urinary track infections... which can be easily treated
User :   Do we need to see a specialist or a general physician will do.
Doctor :   he should also take proper care of hygiene
Doctor :   a specialist is always better
Doctor :   you can go to a urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor