Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Dark pigmentation with itching in the genital area - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   Hello Doctor
Doctor :   Hello
User :   I have a skin issue and my father has a joint issue. wanted to discuss about both
Doctor :   Proceed with your query.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   What is your skin problem?
Doctor :   what is your age and gender?
User :   Dark pigmentation with itches in the genital area.
User :   Male
User :   26
User :   itching*
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Since when are you have this problem?
User :   Around 2 years now.
Doctor :   Ok
User :   thought it will go away, however it doesn't
Doctor :   The itching is probably due to a fungal infection
User :   ok
User :   is there any medicine i can take?
User :   ?
Doctor :   You need to first wear loose fitting clothes
User :   ok..
Doctor :   cotton and natural fabrics are present
Doctor :   You can use Clotrimazole crean
Doctor :   cream
User :   ok
User :   everyday?
Doctor :   Yes, twice a day
User :   ok.
Doctor :   You should try to keep the area as dry as possible
User :   for how many days?
Doctor :   Avoid sharing towels with anyone
User :   Ok
Doctor :   This should be done for a month at least
User :   Thanks doctor.
User :   About my father

Doctor :   If there is no improvement, you may need oral drugs and a physical examination by a dermatologist
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor