Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Dark hard lesion over the scrotum - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
User :   Hi , i have a small hard erruption just at the end of my Scotum sac just when the thigh starts, its like a cyst with black center, its inactive now i think, doesnt hurt and not developing also.....What shud i do about it..
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hey hi
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   24
Doctor :   since when did you noticed this eruption?
User :   around 2 years back
Doctor :   Does it cause itching, burning sensation?
User :   no
User :   nothing
User :   thts why i have been ignoring it
User :   its absolutely dead
Doctor :   Ok
User :   but still worried :)
Doctor :   Do you notice similar lesions in other parts of the body?
User :   no
User :   jsut one
Doctor :   Is the skin above the eruption normal?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Ok
User :   its hard but
User :   painless
Doctor :   Do you have any medical illness such as diabetes, thyroid problems?
User :   nothing
User :   till now :)
Doctor :   Have you shown this to a doctor in the past?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain to you.
Doctor :   Without physically examining the lesion, it is a difficult task to predict what exactly the lesion may be, however
Doctor :   based on your description, the following are the possible cause
Doctor :   1. A hyperpigmented skin which could have been caused due to
Doctor :   excessive sweating, recurrent shaving or a previous injury.
Doctor :   2, A nevus
Doctor :   3. Skin condition such as Acanthosis Nigricans.
Doctor :   Out of these 3 condition, nevus is most likely.
Doctor :   An exact diagnosis is possible by a physical examination and biopsy alone.
Doctor :   Since you do not report of symptoms, and the lesion is a non growing one,
User :   hmmm....ok will consult a doctor as soon as possible then
Doctor :   it is probably a benign, non concerning one,
User :   any doctor can take care of this?
Doctor :   and the treatment is usually a wait and watch process where the treatment is planned only if a increase in size or symptoms develop.
Doctor :   Hence, I suggest you to consult a dermatologist, who will able to perform the physical examination and if necessary a biopsy of the lesion.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   yes sir :)
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   nopes thnks a lot!!!
User :   cheers
User :   bye
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor