Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Dacrocystitis near the corner of the eye - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   Hello. in the corner of my eye and around my eye is swollen real bad. I have been taking septra for 2 days and it is not healing
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
Doctor :   May I know your age and gender?
Doctor :   Since when have you noticed this swelling?
User :   2 days ago
User :   i went to doctor
User :   she put me on septra
User :   it looks worse
Doctor :   Do you notice any redness associated with the swelling?
User :   yes
User :   it hurts too
Doctor :   Do you have pain, irritation, excessive watering from the eyes?
User :   pain and irritation
Doctor :   Are you symptoms seen in both the eyes or the single eye?
User :   just my left eye
Doctor :   Do you have fever, nasal congestion, sorethroat?
User :   nope
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   31
User :   male
Doctor :   Do you have diabetes/hypertension?
User :   anyway i could send you a picture of it
User :   no diabetes
Doctor :   You can send me the picture to YYYY@YYYY .
User :   ok
User :   hold on
User :   ok i am uploading them now
Doctor :   Ok
User :   ok. it is sent
Doctor :   Let me have check them.
Doctor :   I have seen them.
User :   ok
Doctor :   They appear to be a cystic lesion which resembles that of dacrocystitis.
Doctor :   Though its location is not the routine one.
Doctor :   there is also signs of bacterial infection.
Doctor :   You would need a course of antibiotics, both oral and eye drops.
User :   what should i do and how long does this take to go away
User :   im on septra now
Doctor :   Since legally, I cannot prescribe you an antibiotic, I would suggest you to consult an ophthalmologist for the needful.
Doctor :   You may need to a few test that can include a culture test on the discharge.
Doctor :   The appropriate antibiotics will depend on the reports of this test.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   so i could only go to an opthamologist
User :   should i go to er
Doctor :   You would receive the best treatment for an ophthalmologist, however, if its not possible to meet one, you can either consult them using the reference of your local doctor, or through the ER.
Doctor :   Have you followed on that?
Doctor :   * what I suggested?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   yes
User :   thank you
Doctor :   Do you have any other query that I can assist you with?
User :   i hope this clears up in 2 weeks
Doctor :   With appropriate antibiotics they will get cured.
Doctor :   You would also need to practice good personal hygeine and proper eye care to avoid complications.
Doctor :   This would include regular eye wash with warm water,
Doctor :   2. Avoid using the hand kerchief to wipe your eyes.
Doctor :   3. Unnecessarily using fingers or hands in manipulating the affected regions.
Doctor :   4. you can use warm water to clean the discharges and not bare hands or other unsterile products.
Doctor :   Do you have any other query that I can assist you with?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   I have to close the window as you are not responding. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor