Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Cyst on the kidney and eye problem - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Kidney Conditions
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   I have had flank and general right side pain for months now, my eyes are dark and saggy, I dont even recognize myself although otheres notice they say it isnt as bad as I think. After many ER visits and tests on my liver, which seems healthy (although I am a recovering Vicodin addict) a CT Scan showed a growth on my right kidney which a Nurse Practioner thinks is a Cyst, I have an appt with a Nephrologist however everything I can find online says that cysts do not cause pain. The pain is getting worse and so are my eyes. What do you think could be the cause or do you think a cyst could cause this much trouble?
Doctor :   Dr XXX here
Doctor :   please give me a minute to read your post
Doctor :   yes , cysts when complicated do give rise to pain
User :   would that be tied to my saggy eye bags
Doctor :   could not be directly related to the cyst
Doctor :   but some changes do appear in the eyes when kidney is in failure
Doctor :   hence a renal function test would help in that case
User :   ok thank you
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me
Doctor :   bye for now
Doctor :   take care
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor