Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Cure for superficial skin ulcer - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
User :   i have a laceration it seems under my belly fold. it looks like split skin no rash, no itching, just stinging. what could have caused that?
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :   Dr xxxx here
User :   hello
Doctor :   Are you injured ?
User :   i have a laceration it seems under my belly fold. it looks like split skin no rash, no itching, just stinging. what could have caused that?
Doctor :   Laceration is the term used to wound ( rough edged cut ) commonly caused by trauma
Doctor :   Do you mean that ?
User :   i dont know what else to call it
User :   i didnt do anything to cut it but it looks like skin is split i can can see pink
Doctor :   How did it form ,? spontaneous or something preceded it ?
User :   spontaneous
User :   i noticed it 2 days ago
Doctor :   Ok, is it possible for you to send an image of it ?
User :   i can take a picture of it
User :   give me a sec
Doctor :   you can mail it YYYY@YYYY
User :   ok
Doctor :   did you mail it ?
User :   its sending now
Doctor :   Ok,
User :   sent
Doctor :   recieving
Doctor :   give me some time while i have a look on the images
User :   ok
Doctor :   Ya, are they exactly sited where your trouser rubs?
User :   i waer my pants over my stomach
User :   no rubbing happens
User :   i dunno what caused it or what to do to help it close up...or for new skin to grow and cover the area
User :   it stings as if it is an open wound
Doctor :   ok, is there any discharge oozing from the lesion
User :   no
Doctor :   ok, after having a look , i would consider it being a superficial ulcer
Doctor :   the probable cause being fungal infection
Doctor :   depending on its site of occurence
Doctor :   have you applied any creams ?
User :   its not round enough to be an ulcer
User :   no creams
Doctor :   Ulcers need not be round always,
User :   its a horizontal split about 1/2 and inch or more long
Doctor :   only ulcers in the upper GI tract appear round always, i mean ulcers on mucous membrains
Doctor :   yes, the skin ulcers are mosttimes in diff shapes
User :   there is no skin erosion either
User :   its a clean split
User :   right in between the skin fold
User :   at the line where it folds
Doctor :   such kind of lesion will occur when the superficial layers of the skin get softened or decornified due to bacterial or fungal infections
Doctor :   rough split or an erosion are the signs of skin cancers
Doctor :   which i do not think is the consideration in your case
User :   how can i treat it
Doctor :   you can apply MICATIN ointment twice a day over and around the wound
Doctor :   and try to keep it as dry as possible
User :   im in japan. i dont know where i can get that
User :   what can i use to keep the area dry
User :   baby powder?
User :   its right under my belly fold so it gets no air in that area
Doctor :   Ok, then ask for a cream containing MICANAZOLE
Doctor :   Not baby powder, better if you go for KETO powder ( containing KETOCONAZOLE )
User :   ok thanks
Doctor :   Is ther anything i can help you with ?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor