Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Cure for skin acne over eye lid - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Acne
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions
User :   Hi
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   this is DR xxxx here
Doctor :   How can i help you ?
User :   Good evening...wanted to ask you something
User :   hope that is ok?
Doctor :   sure please proceed
User :   Please if you can advice - I have some skin acne over my right eye lid
Doctor :   Is it on the eye lid or the margin of the eye lid
User :   actually a couple of them that have errupted in a years time
User :   end of the eye lid
User :   it it like a small growth
User :   they are very small...growths
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you have pain?
User :   but i want to know the reason and how i can get rid of them..
User :   no pain
Doctor :   Do you have redness?
User :   at all
User :   no
User :   it is like some people have from birth...
User :   like a smallwart
Doctor :   Ok as per the description you give it, it seems to be Chalazion
User :   but these were not there is a recent development
Doctor :   There are some glands at the margin of the eye lid called Meibomian glands
Doctor :   They get infected to form Chalazion
User :   ok...
User :   and is it anything to get worried about..?
Doctor :   It is not worrysome but disturbing
Doctor :   It is treatable
User :   apart from it looking bad...
Doctor :   with medicines
User :   ok
User :   great
Doctor :   or small incisional procedure
Doctor :   after trial of medicines
User : sister had a similar one removed but it came back after a few it hereditary?
Doctor :   Hence before going further we have to confirm whether it is Chalazion or something else on getting physically examined by eye specialist
User :   right
Doctor :   Hence do not delay in gettting the medical attention
User :   ok
User :   i should show to a eye specialist?
User :   or a skin ..?
Doctor :   Eye specialist
User :   Can i show it to you?
User :   first
Doctor :   I am in Bangalore
Doctor :   Actually it requires a magnifying glass examination
Doctor :   THere is one more entity called Hordeolum too
Doctor :   which looks similar
User :   ok
User :   can you advice a doctor's name - here in Mumbai
User :   ?
Doctor :   Which area in Mumbai
Doctor :   Dr. xxxx
User :   Powai
Doctor :   Shroff Eye clinic
User :   close to office
Doctor :   What you can do is request for an appointment with eye specialist in your area
Doctor :   on the request panel given to you
Doctor :   You will get a call immediately who can help you with the details of the doctor near your area and also appnt fixing
Doctor :   Are you with me?
Doctor :   I have to close the window as you are not responding
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor