Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Cure for phimosis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   hello
Doctor :   i am Dr xxx here
Doctor :   tell me your query
User :   hi, ok um is it normal if the foreskin attached to the head of the penis rips?
User :   or just a lil bit
Doctor :   well its not normal . but it depends on the extent
Doctor :   is there any bleeding ?
User :   yeah
Doctor :   may i know your age ?
User :   im 22
Doctor :   and how did it happen ?
User :   by sex
Doctor :   during intercourse or masturbation?
User :   intercourse
Doctor :   ok so basically you have a tight foreskin
User :   yeah
Doctor :   ok now let me tell you what you can do about it
User :   ok
Doctor :   gradually pull gently the skin (prepuce) downwards until you can't anymore... do this a few times a day for some weeks; it will just be a matter of time and you will see a difference.
Doctor :   you can try stecthing it by applying a warm wet cloth for a few minutes and then rolling it down as far as it will go do that at least one time a day you should notice it loosening up and it will be easier for it to go down
Doctor :   in the shower, and just slide the foreskin back and forth, several times as you shower. Make sure you slide it back as far as it can go without being too uncomfortable, this is to promote it expanding a little. Anyhow, keep stretching as you shower, each time you shower, and you ought to be able to retract it all the way in no time. Give it time, and you can even stretch it when you masturbate too
Doctor :   the aim here is to stretch your skin to make sure it does not cause any more problems
Doctor :   apply some lubrication cream like KY jelly during intercourse
Doctor :   Go very slowly. Stretch it firmly, but don't make it hurt. If you feel pain, soreness, or have bleeding or irritation, stop for a while. If you feel pain, you're stretching it too hard.
Doctor :   Be patient! It may take weeks for you to get your foreskin stretched enough to move on and off the head easily, but once it does, it will stay like that for the rest of your life. And even though it takes a long time to stretch,
User :   ok so its nothing serious or yes it is
Doctor :   you try what i have told you
Doctor :   and u will see releif
Doctor :   nothing to worry about
User :   yeah i did the roli
Doctor :   like i said it will take time
User :   yeah i did the rolling it back gently until i cant no more
Doctor :   ok
User :   what would happend if i dont do nothing just left it alone would it heal on its own?
Doctor :   yes it will
Doctor :   the next option you have is a minor surgery
User :   like what?
Doctor :   This is done by making one or two small incisions in the foreskin to widen the narrow tight foreskin opening so that the foreskin can be pulled back over the glans penis.
Doctor :   its a minor operation
Doctor :   but usually many people can cure it with the stretching alone
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor