Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Cure for low sperm count - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infertility Problem
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help?
User :   hi i want to know about oligonecrosremia
User :   what it is
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   iam not getting what exactly you want
User :   the correct word is olgonecrospermia
Doctor :   ok
User :   its about male infertility
Doctor :   ok
User :   active sperm count is low
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   oligo is less then 20 million
User :   tell me exactly what it means
User :   what is the line of treatment/
Doctor :   first the cause gas to detyermined
Doctor :   then treatedv accordingly
User :   gas means tell me phisiology
Doctor :   i meant has
User :   ok tell me list of couses?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   diethyl stilbestrol
Doctor :   spironolactone
Doctor :   are you there?
Doctor :   high temperature
User :   yes iam geting
Doctor :   hormonal conditions
Doctor :   Recreational drug use
Doctor :   Excessive alcohol
Doctor :   # Smoking
Doctor :   Varicocele
Doctor :   Inflammation of the testes
User :   give me full details
Doctor :   details of what ?
User :   treatment
Doctor :   drraajkarthieek: Dr. RK !!
drraajkarthieek: High temperatures
Certain drugs
# hormonal conditions
# Certain severe illnesses
# Smoking
# Excessive alcohol
# Recreational drug use
# Varicocele
# Varicose veins around the testes
# Inflammation of the testes
There is no one reliable treatment available today for increasing sperm count
Doctor :   Nevertheless, clomiphene citrate, HMG and HCG injections are commonly prescribed.
Doctor :   Other commonly used medications and supplements are ProXeed, testosterone, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, anti-oxidants, high-protein diets
User :   ok what is the rate of success
Doctor :   highly variable
Doctor :   fill this and sday when done
Doctor :   Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin A are powerful antioxidants that protect sperm against damage by free radicals. Zinc is an essential mineral that is a component of the enzymes needed to maintain fertility in adults, help cells reproduce, and protect against free radicals among other functions. Copper is needed to prevent copper deficiency when taking zinc for long periods.
User :   tell me the % of success
Doctor :   to tell this the cause has to precisely determined
Doctor :   and the treatment has to be accordingly
Doctor :   it depends on the response orf the prerson to the treatment
User :   its vericocele and was operated
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   when was it operated?
User :   1 and half yr back
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   varicocele is notorious for its recurrence
User :   ok
Doctor :   is there any thing that i can help?
User :   thanyou iwill get back with details
Doctor :   There is a friend referral contest going on. You can win prizes if you refer maximum number of your friends in a day. You can also win Rs. 1000/- per week if the number of your referrals is highest in the week. There will be a form coming up on your screen now.There is a button to import contacts from your Gmail, Yahoo, AOL ID's. Please refer your friends to this service with a click of the button and importing contacts instead of entering the email ids manually
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor