Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Cure for abdominal pain and diarrhoea - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1776 Questions
User :   I have gastritis, and lately everything I eat gives me severe abdominal pain, followed by a rumbling stomach, and prolonged diarreah. I have currently only had chicken broth for 2 days, and want to see if there are foods of some substance that I can eat
User :   Hi,
User :   DR xxx here
User :   Since when are you having this problem ?
User :   On and off since May, but much more frequent lately
User :   The food more protinecious and fatty more it stimulates acid and aggravates the problem
User :   How about Italian bread toast, and poached eggs? Or Rice Crispies with Lactaid milk?
User :   Rice crispies with milk will be a better one than egg which has again contains more protein
User :   Ho about dry toast of any sort, or Activia yogurt?
User :   i do not recommend them
User :   What else light do you recommend?
User :   Have good amount of sugar mixed fruit juices
User :   any foods made of rice are safe
User :   Ithought fruit juices have too much acid.
User :   and have small frequent meals
User :   i am sorry i failed to mention , avoid juices of citrus fruits
User :   How about apples? or bananas?
User :   they are good
User :   fibre food both are they make the bulk of the feces and stop the stool loosening
User :   Thank you! Think I'll have a bowl of Rice Crispies with cut up apples. Should I take fiber pills? Is Mylanta OK to take? It seems to worsen the diarrhea
User :   i think its better to take Tab PRILOSEC once a day early in the morning before breakfast than Mylanta
User :   Thank you...all set
User :   Thanks for consulting me
User :   bye for now
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor