Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Cramps and bloating during menstrual cycle - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2586 Questions

Doctor :   hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help u?
User :   well...i am on my menstral cycle and my cramps and bloating is very bad. i have been trying to go to sleep for the last 4 hours and i am unsuccessful
Doctor :   k
Doctor :   Please provide these details: Age, Location, Occupation, Marital status,
User :   21, new jersey, student, single
Doctor :   k
Doctor :   Have you had any similar problems in the past?
Doctor :   r u there??
User :   yes
User :   i have had problems like this before
Doctor :   Have you taken/taking any medicines or had any consultation with a Doctor?
Doctor :   (Painful menstruation
User :   i take either mortin, midol, or advil
Doctor :   is called Dysmenorrhoea
User :   i have heard of that
Doctor :   k
Doctor :   Primary dysmenorrhoea results from uterine contractions that occur normally during periods,
Doctor :   whereas secondary dysmenorrhoea may be related to a medical condition,
User :   i see.
Doctor :   Primary dysmenorrhoea often gets better after age 25 and after vaginal childbirth

Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor