Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Counselling to overcome separation anxiety in child - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Mental Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   I am going through a divorce and my daughter has been waking up (she is 5) in the middle of the night screaming for her dad not to leave and when I grab her and hold her she kept screaming and me to hold her and I already was.
User :   She was very upset and kept saying she didnt want him to leave
Doctor :   u need to consult a counsellor
Doctor :   he will be able to help you
User :   no matter how much I held her she kept saying that she wanted me to told her, she was in my arms
Doctor :   ur kid must be missing her dad
Doctor :   i understand ur problem
Doctor :   she is still young kid 5 years
Doctor :   will take some time
User :   she sees her dad at least 4 times a week plus every other weekend. do you think she needs a counsellor or its just separation anxiety that will go away with time
Doctor :   to get adjusted to live along with you
Doctor :   yes it could be separation anxiety
Doctor :   a counsellor would surely help the kid
Doctor :   make sure u divert her attention
Doctor :   towards studies
User :   she is not in school yet, she just turned 5
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   u can take her for holiday
Doctor :   I have to close this chat window as you have moved out of the chat. Please log in again if you need further medical advice
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor