Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Counselling for a person having behavioral problems - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Mental Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
User :   hi, i have a comunication problem and i need help to overcome this problem                                              
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   i have a problem with talking to people
Doctor :   Ok
User :   im a very shy person and im afraid of saying something wrong so i wouldnt emberas myself
Doctor :   Ok
User :   and i need some tips for overcome that
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   yes im 18
Doctor :   Do you have any other symptoms apart from being shy?
User :   i dont share any of my feeling with anyone not even my parents just because i dont know what to tell them or how to explain it
Doctor :   Do you feel that you are not finding words when you try to speak to them?
User :   something like that and i dont ever ask quiestion its like something is blocking my thoughts everytime i tryto think of something
Doctor :   Since when have you noticed these symptoms?
User :   well its been like this for the past few months
Doctor :   Have you been completely normal before this?
User :   i feel like im missing out on alot of things that my friends do because i cant explain my thoughts
User :   what do u mean by normal? i dont think im crazy or something i just need to talk to ppl more so i wont feel like everyone is just ignoring me
Doctor :   * I meant that are these symptoms only since a few months?
Doctor :   Do you have any other symptoms apart from inability to express thoughts?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Do you have problems while studying?
User :   i work i dont study at this point
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you have difficulty in reading/speaking?
User :   speaking yes cuz i dont usually know what to say
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Let me explain it to you.
Doctor :   There are a few people who have similar symptoms like you have been.
User :   so what should i do?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   They are often associated with other factors,
Doctor :   physical, emotional or sexual.
Doctor :   In a few there are history of trauma that would be causing these symptoms.
Doctor :   There are no medical drugs that is going to cure these symptoms.
Doctor :   It needs good counselling.
Doctor :   It is not a psychiatric illness.
Doctor :   The counselling to check what the exact factors may be causing these symptoms in you.
Doctor :   A face to face consultation with a psychologist would be better than online consultation.
User :   but what if i dont want to go to the psychologist?
Doctor :   The alternative form would be consulting one online.
Doctor :   But since you would need more than 3 to 4 settings of counselling, it is ideal that you see one.
Doctor :   Have you followed?
User :   yeah
User :   ok thanx for the help
Doctor :   Do you have any other query that I can help you with?
User :   not that i can think of no
Doctor :   I would suggest you a few more tips, in the mean time that may help you.
User :   ok
Doctor :   1. Read plenty of literature and books.
Doctor :   They would help you in providing ideas and thoughts that you can start expressing.
User :   does readig really help?? cuz i hvent been reading anything for awhile
Doctor :   2. Creative writing.
Doctor :   when you are alone, think of your past or any other writing.
Doctor :   You can express your thoughts in writing.
Doctor :   both these can help you a lot.
Doctor :   It really helps.
User :   ok thnk you for your help
User :   i will try reading more and wrighting
Doctor :   3. You should slowly learn not to be frigtened of what people may feel.
Doctor :   4. Ask questions to your self.
Doctor :   These few tips would help you.

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor