Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Contusion on the penis head post a fall - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
User :   My 4year old son fell off a bench an hour ago. The head of his penis is bruised and almost looks like several blood blisters. Now he is acting fine and has urinated without pain or problems, his urine was pale yellow and clear. He says it is sore to the touch when he shakes it after urination. It does not appear to be swollen. Would this be considered ER visit worthy?
Doctor :   hi
User :   hello
Doctor :   it does not require an ER visit
Doctor :   you can give him the tylenol for the pain relief
User :   I have given him Tylenol
User :   is there anything I should watch for? or do I need to follow up with the ped?
Doctor :   as he has passed clear urine and there is contusion of the penis head it is unlikely he has an urethral injury
User :   Thank you
Doctor :   it is good if you follow up with the ped for any specific advise for the faster recovery and to prevent the infection. as the specific advise requires physical examination
User :   Great I will call in the a.m thank you for you help in this matter
Doctor :   until than follow the general wound care measures
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor