Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Controlling sugar levels - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Diabetes
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hi Doctor
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How may I help you ?
User :   Hi Dr.
User :   My Father is Sugar patient
Doctor :   ok
User :   need some suggestions to maintain good diet
User :   what kind of food he can take
Doctor :   What is he present problem?
User :   his sugar levels got increased
User :   430
Doctor :   Oh!
User :   i mean 260 before fasting and 430 post breakfast
Doctor :   is there any change in diet
User :   nothing much
Doctor :   what medicines he takes?
User :   we doubt him eating sweets/junk food
User :   no control
User :   glydodim something
User :   i am not able to pronounce it
User :   hope u understand
User :   glygodim i suppose
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   when the siagrs are suddenly not controlled, you suspect uncontrolled diet or infections
User :   can you suggest good diabetist in bangalore near Marathalli/Domlur/KRPuram etc where i can take my father
User :   sometimes he is taking alcohol too
User :   without our knowledge
User :   we are really scared about his health condition
User :   what can be done to control sugar for him
User :   it will be great if you can suggest some good diabetist where we go and consult
Doctor :   surely
User :   or if you tell some good tips to control
User :   r u there doctor?
Doctor :   MG Day Care Hospital
User :   it wont be much costlier right
Doctor :   Call and schedule appt with Diabetologist
Doctor :   no
User :   the cell number is doctor's or receptionist
User :   any idea how much roughly they charge for consultation
Doctor :   sugar control depends many factors
Doctor :   1. diet
User :   ok
Doctor :   You can schedule appointment with our dietician
User :   ok
Doctor :   Do you want to do that
User :   I will do that for sure
User :   please continue doctor you are saying something about factors
Doctor :   I will inform customer care to call you
User :   1 diet what are others
User :   sure that will be great
Doctor :   or best thing is you go to your log in pag
User :   i will do that doctor
Doctor :   and then presse request for Dietician
User :   sure
User :   doctor whatever you suggested MG Road Hospital diabetolist will do good right?
Doctor :   Next thing: immediately contact Diabetologist and change the medicines
Doctor :   He will do good
User :   just want to confirm...becoz you know right In bangalore going to hospital is really scary
User :   that is the reason i am re-confirming with you dont mind!!!
Doctor :   I understand
User :   Sure Doctor thanks for the suggestions
User :   I will contact MG Road Diabetolist and Healthmagic dietician
User :   Thanks for the inputs
Doctor :   You need to have some short acting insulin at home
User :   oh is it fine doctor
Doctor :   when the sugars are hih enough you need to give 5 units of subcutaneous insulin
Doctor :   So that it will decrease tesnion
Doctor :   and decrease hospitalization
User :   ok doctor...I will take him to suggested hospital this saturday
Doctor :   Discuss this issue with doctor
User :   so that things will become normal
Doctor :   temporarily sugar will be controlled
Doctor :   it control sugar for 6 hrs
Doctor :   if the sugars sty above 455 for 4 days, you know what happens?
Doctor :   people urinate, vomit, get abdominal pain
Doctor :   they get dehydrated and end up in hospital
Doctor :   this is called Diabetic ketoacidosis
User :   oh is it....
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   that is why reguar consultation with MD untill sugars re well controlled is imp
User :   Thanks Doctor for the information
User :   I will consult doctor this saturday without fail
Doctor :   Until sugars are controlled keep changing the medicines
Doctor :   Bye
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor